From: Henrik Motakef
Subject: Re: Newbie editor question
Chris Gehlker <·······@fastq.com> writes:

> First, I realize that this question has probably been asked before so I want
> to thank you all for your patience and make it clear that I will happily
> accept pointers to a FAQ or to searchable archives of this newsgroup.

<http://groups.google.com> has a searchable archive of quite a lot of
newsgroups, including comp.lang.lisp.

> My situation is that I'm having fun learning Lisp but I can't seem to find
> great tools. I'm running CLISP as an inferior lisp under emacs on Jaguar. I
> set up my .emacs file as shown in the editors.txt file that came with CLISP.

I don't know what this file says, but if it didn't mention ILisp, you
should check it out.

> I keep thing there is some key binding to re-format the whole buffer
> but I can't seem to find it.

Well, there is at least `indent-region' to indent the "selected" parts
of a buffer, and `mark-whole-buffer' to select, well, the whole
buffer (bound to C-M-\ and C-x h here).

I happen to have this function in my .emacs:

(defun indent-buffer ()
  (interactive)
  (indent-region (point-min) (point-max) nil))

but this was one of my first experiments with elisp, and there may
well be a better way or a built-in function for this.

Regards
Henrik
From: Chris Gehlker
On 11/14/02 2:20 PM, in article ··············@pokey.henrik-motakef.de,
"Henrik Motakef" <··············@web.de> wrote:

> Chris Gehlker <·······@fastq.com> writes:
>
>> First, I realize that this question has probably been asked before so I want
>> to thank you all for your patience and make it clear that I will happily
>> accept pointers to a FAQ or to searchable archives of this newsgroup.

Thanks to Henrik and to everyone else who answered on and off the newsgroup.
What a great bunch of people. I've got it now.