From: Andrew Burton
Subject: recommended clisp books and online manuals?
Can some one recommend a good book or web site that you'd describe as THE clisp
reference for beginners?  I'm currently using the clisp document that came with
the download as well as "Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs"
from the MIT press web site.  However, thus far, I have found them lacking a
few things -- namely how to input information from a command prompt -- and was
curious if there were any documents/materials people here liked.  Thanks.

Andrew Burton -- tuglyraisin at aol dot com
Felecia Station on Harvestgain
"well, it's software, it can do anything :-)" - Ankh
"A racist alien robot, now that's cutting-edge children's programming, screw
the AIDS puppets." - Derik Smith

From: John Jacobs
Subject: Re: recommended clisp books and online manuals?
I've just started to learn Lisp myself and out of all the websites and
on-line books i looked at i think "A gentle introduction to symbolic
computation" is the best. Don't let the title scare you: it is a book
about learning Lisp. You can download it at
http://www-2.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/LispBook/

John

From: Matthew Danish
Here's a page with some useful links:
http://ww.telent.net/cliki/Online%20Tutorial

I am assuming that you are looking for information about the language
Common Lisp, as opposed to the implementation called CLISP.  The
language is generally referred to as Common Lisp, or CL, and not clisp;
that is the name of a particular implementation.

--
; Matthew Danish <·······@andrew.cmu.edu>
; Signed or encrypted mail welcome.
From: Andrew Burton
> The language is generally referred to as
> Common Lisp, or CL, and not clisp; that
> is the name of a particular
> implementation.

Yes, I am.  Thank you.  I was thinking of "clisp" in the same regard I think of
"perl", the program I run to work with it.  Thank you for correcting me before
I really goofed up. :)