From: Juanjo
Subject: CLX on ECL
Hi guys!

I just wanted to give you a taste of what is coming! I have ported the
CLX library from CLOCC (clocc.sf.net) to ECL, and... it works! I had
to fix some
things, but the hello world program is running. And it is pretty fast,
indeed, to be just interpreted. And ithandles properly the redraw
events, etc. For a
screenshot, I refer you to the webpage
        http://ecls.sf.net

Let me insist:
	1) The code is not yet in CVS
	2) The current version of ECL from CVS does not handle CLX
I need a couple of days to package the 0.7b release and even then I
will consider the new CLX code to be in an ALPHA stage (ALPHA != All
Lispers Have A Look)

As a side note, I wanted to mention a problem I found with CLX, which
is that it does not work with the latest versions of XFree86 when one
uses ordinary sockets (i.e. DISPLAY=localhost:0.0 instead of
DISPLAY=:0.0). I thought this was a problem of the CLX which came with
Giuseppe Attardi's ECL, but I have found the same problem in the CLOCC
version of the library. Any hints?

Happy hacking,

Juanjo

--