From: Kenny Tilton
Subject: The universal CL gui: I shall name it...Cellophane(tm)
"Cello" for short. Unless that is already taken? Google says not.

Cellophane. CL sounds like Cell if you say it real fast. Driven by
Cells. You look thru it to see the good stuff inside. Get it? :)

Mission statement
-----------------
To create not just a GUI, but the ultimate GUI. Our model: when CL
answered the call to objects with CLOS. The spec: easy, powerful,
lightweight, close to the sand (well, OS and/or OpenGL), and extensible.
Did I mention universal?

I am playing now with CL-SDL, might have to migrate to pure OpenGL if
SDL won't do multiple windows.

Currently just up to NeHe OpenGL tutorial #5, so don't hold your breath.
Major challenges ahead: outline fonts, then "picking".

--

  kenny tilton
  clinisys, inc

From: Henry Lenzi
Em Sat, 30 Nov 2002 19:31:23 -0200, Kenny Tilton escreveu:

> "Cello" for short. Unless that is already taken? Google says not.

 There used to be a browser named Cello. A long time ago...(remember
Mosaic?)

 Cheers

	Henry
From: Kenny Tilton
Henry Lenzi wrote:
> Em Sat, 30 Nov 2002 19:31:23 -0200, Kenny Tilton escreveu:
>

>>"Cello" for short. Unless that is already taken? Google says not.
>>

>  There used to be a browser named Cello. A long time ago...(remember
> Mosaic?)

Yes I do. :) here's the Cello you recall, circa 1994:

    http://www.law.cornell.edu/cello/cellotop.html

Who knew lawyers could code? Anyway, that's OK, a browser is not a CL
GUI, my trademark still stands.

:)

From: Aleksandr Skobelev

> "Cello" for short. Unless that is already taken? Google says not.
>
> Cellophane. CL sounds like Cell if you say it real fast. Driven by
> Cells. You look thru it to see the good stuff inside. Get it? :)

Cellofun? :)
From: thelifter
Kenny Tilton <·······@nyc.rr.com> wrote in message news:<················@nyc.rr.com>...
> I am playing now with CL-SDL, might have to migrate to pure OpenGL if
> SDL won't do multiple windows.

I think SDL will do multiple windows soon. Even if not, it may be
better to extend it, to be able to benefit from SDL on the long run. I
think we have to think on the long term...