From: Coby Beck
Subject: Re: milliseconds
Myriam Abramson <········@osf1.gmu.edu> wrote in message
····················@osf1.gmu.edu...

> Hi!
>
> (get-universal-time) gets me seconds. How can i get the fractional
> part of a second?

Hi, Myriam,

In section "25.1.4 - Time" of the Hyperspec, under Environment -> External
Environment you will find the function GET-INTERNAL-REAL-TIME.  It is not
guaranteed that the difference between two calls is milliseconds, but it
always has been for me with LW and ACL.  There is a constant
INTERNAL-TIME-UNITS-PER-SECOND that will tell you how many units per second
it represents.

--
Coby Beck

From: Barry Margolin
In article <·························@news3.calgary.shaw.ca>,
Coby Beck <·····@mercury.bc.ca> wrote:
>In section "25.1.4 - Time" of the Hyperspec, under Environment -> External
>Environment you will find the function GET-INTERNAL-REAL-TIME.

This isn't the time of day.  It's the amount of time since some arbitrary
starting time (probably when the Lisp session was started).

--
Barry Margolin, ······@genuity.net
Genuity, Woburn, MA
From: Coby Beck
Barry Margolin <······@genuity.net> wrote in message
·····················@paloalto-snr2.gtei.net...
> In article <·························@news3.calgary.shaw.ca>,
> Coby Beck <·····@mercury.bc.ca> wrote:
> >In section "25.1.4 - Time" of the Hyperspec, under Environment ->
External
> >Environment you will find the function GET-INTERNAL-REAL-TIME.
>
> This isn't the time of day.  It's the amount of time since some arbitrary
> starting time (probably when the Lisp session was started).

Not all uses of get-universal-time are concerned with the time of day.

--
Coby Beck