From: Lukasz Wawrzyniak
Subject: CMUCL I/O streams
Greetings,

I have recently decided to get back in touch with the Lambda-Nature
and have downloaded myself a copy of CMUCL-2.4.19.  Feeling
adventurous, I have decided to write my own GUI editor that connects
to lisp over a TCP stream.  To achieve this, I have written (in C) a
simple daemon which waits for connections, spawns lisp, and redirects
lisp's stdin and stdout to the socket.

My problem is this: when the debugger kicks in, it seems to switch to
terminal I/O instead of using stdin and stdout so that nothing gets
forwarded to the socket.  How can I remedy this?  i.e. How do I get
the debugger to read/write to the std streams?

The Start-up-server.lisp demo seems to get around this somehow.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for your help,
lw