From: Vlastimil Adamovsky
Subject: I am lost....
Hi guys!

I comming from C++ and Smalltalk world and now I would like to explore some
kind of Object Oriented
Lisp. I have downloaded LispWorks and the only thing I could do is to press
all these buttons on IDE in
random order. But I want to know more, eventually, I would like to be able
to write some simple and sofisticated
programs..

Can you tell me of any good tutorials.... I am sure it was hard time for you
to start learning Lisp and I would like
to skip that unproductive activity (i.e. having hard time:)

 Thank you for any leads,

     Vlastimil Adamovsky

From: Coby Beck
Subject: Re: I am lost....
Vlastimil Adamovsky <·····@ambrasoft.com> wrote in message
···············@nntp2.nac.net...
> Hi guys!
>
> I comming from C++ and Smalltalk world and now I would like to explore
some
> kind of Object Oriented
> Lisp. I have downloaded LispWorks and the only thing I could do is to
press
> all these buttons on IDE in
> random order. But I want to know more, eventually, I would like to be able
> to write some simple and sofisticated
> programs..
>
> Can you tell me of any good tutorials.... I am sure it was hard time for
you
> to start learning Lisp and I would like
> to skip that unproductive activity (i.e. having hard time:)
>
>  Thank you for any leads,

Maybe you should check out http://www.lisp.org/table/contents.htm

There are lots of good links there, including some online tutorials and
reference material.  OO lisp is CLOS (Common Lisp Object System) and you can
find it in the references and tuktorials.

Enjoy!

--
Coby Beck
From: Vlastimil Adamovsky
Thanks..

······························@news1.calgary.shaw.ca...

From: Philip Knodle

> Can you tell me of any good tutorials.... I am sure it was hard time for you
> to start learning Lisp and I would like
> to skip that unproductive activity (i.e. having hard time:)

I'm also new to lisp.  Sonja E. Keene's book
"Object-Oriented Programming in Common Lisp" was
very useful.  It descibes CLOS simply and clearly.
And it has many usefull examples.
Cheers,
Philip Knodle