From: Vladimir Zolotykh
Subject: tracing function local to method
Is it possible to trace local function inside a method in ACL61 ?
For example

(defmethod foo ((p person) (h phone))
  ;; ...
  (labels ((send () #|.............|#))
    ;;

Is it possible to trace SEND ?
If so which syntax of trace should be used ?

--
Vladimir Zolotykh

From: Coby Beck
Subject: Re: tracing function local to method
"Vladimir Zolotykh" <······@eurocom.od.ua> wrote in message
······················@eurocom.od.ua...
> Is it possible to trace local function inside a method in ACL61 ?

I know it is possible, I don't recall how, exactly, though it is also easy.
I am sure it is well documented under their own pages about trace.  You'll
find it if you believe it is there!

--
Coby Beck
From: Erik Naggum
* Vladimir Zolotykh <······@eurocom.od.ua>
| Is it possible to trace local function inside a method in ACL61?

  Yes, when the method is named (method foo (person phone)), the labels
  form is named (labels (method foo (person phone)) send).  In order to
  trace a function name, not just a symbol, you have to use the list form
  since Allegro CL expects trace options if you specify a list.

:trace ((labels (method foo (person phone)) send))
--
  In a fight against something, the fight has value, victory has none.
  In a fight for something, the fight is a loss, victory merely relief.

  70 percent of American adults do not understand the scientific process.
From: Vladimir Zolotykh
Thank you.
I've tried this.
It seems doesn't work and I can't say why.
I had asked Franz tech support. Now waiting
for answer.

From: Vladimir Zolotykh
The

  (trace ((labels (method foo (person phone)) send)))

is the correct form for tracing as you said.

This didn't work for me because the method must be compiled.