From: Xah Lee
Subject: lisp & piano
is there a connection between lisp and piano?

perhaps not with piano exactly, but with music i'm certain it's a
hackneyed subject.

but anyhow, one cannot be certain. There's modern player pianos, e.g.
that of Yamaha Diskclavier series and other player-system add-ons. Now
the design & manufacture of pianos acoustic or electronic are extreme
engineering projects virtually endless in scope. There now computer
engineering comes with technological progresses, from the the modeling
of the case to acoustic analysis, from signal processing to
pianoforte/hammerklavier mechanical engineering. The array of piano
related computer programing must be endless. Thus there must be lisp
involved.

Does anyone has stories or thoughts?

 Xah
 ···@xahlee.org
 http://xahlee.org/PageTwo_dir/more.html

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: lisp & piano
···@xahlee.org (Xah Lee) writes:

> is there a connection between lisp and piano?

probably if we talk about it enough, there will be on google.

> Does anyone has stories or thoughts?

personally, i like to play piano and let my thoughts drift through nested
lists (trees).  a late piano teacher Mr. Orlando Otey never had a computer in
his house as far as i could tell but his finger exercises were very lisp-like.
i used to sit waiting for lessons reading beginner logo books from the public
library.  Mr. Otey was very patient with his underachievers.  i wish i had met
him sooner before my brain stupified around computers.

thi
From: Marc Battyani
"Xah Lee" <···@xahlee.org> wrote

> is there a connection between lisp and piano?
>
> perhaps not with piano exactly, but with music i'm certain it's a
> hackneyed subject.

Have you looked at Common Lisp Music, Common Music, etc. ?
http://ccrma-www.stanford.edu/software/
http://commonmusic.sourceforge.net/doc/

Marc