From: mthomas
Subject: Senior Software Engineer
Senior Software Engineer, Core Product Development Group
Burlington, MA

Company:

Gensym Corporation is a leading supplier of software and services for
creating intelligent systems that help organizations worldwide to
develop systems that monitor, control, and schedule diverse and
complex processes.  Our core product is G2, which is a graphical,
object-oriented, multi-threaded, dynamically typed, real-time
development environment.

Position Responsibilities:

As part of a team, the Senior Software Engineer will maintain and
enhance G2 and other core Products.  The Senior Software Engineer with
work with team members to develop and maintain our object and runtime
systems, including our language, compiler, interpreter, and back-end
emitter facilities for G2 procedures, rules, formulas, and
simulations.  Responsibilities will include ensuring the existing
high-level of performance and quality; designing and implementing new
features; communicating new-feature impact verbally and in written
form to other disciplines within the company; providing continued code
maintenance; and giving development support to customer issues.

Position Requirements:

Team player with solid programming, networking, and system
administration skills.  3+ years experience working with Common Lisp
and Lisp environments.  Ability to develop Common Lisp and C
interfaces to various protocols.  Experience with development work in
a commercial software production environment that demonstrates the
ability to develop in large systems.  Proven ability working with
various levels of software and abstraction and various assembler
languages.  Possess a Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, or allied
field.

Skills:

Lisp, C, C++, Java, Unix, Windows NT, WIN32, VMS

············@gensym.com
	Fax: Human Resources 781-265-7252