From: Chris Beggy
Subject: cheap lisp books
I found Walmart to have cheaper Lisp books than Amazon:

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product_listing.gsp?path=0%3A3920%3A18674%3A18692%3A20260&dept=3920&cat=20260&sb=61&bti=0

   Title               Author     Walmart price     Amazon price
  _Lisp_,             Winston        $33.75              $42.19
  _ANSI Common Lisp_, Graham         $40.80              $47.00

Or am I just being screened as a "computer books at any price"
customer at Amazon?

Chris
From: quasi
Subject: Re: cheap lisp books
On Sat, 04 May 2002 02:22:40 -0400, Chris Beggy <······@kippona.com>
wrote:

>I found Walmart to have cheaper Lisp books than Amazon:
>
>http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product_listing.gsp?path=0%3A3920%3A18674%3A18692%3A20260&dept=3920&cat=20260&sb=61&bti=0
>
>   Title               Author     Walmart price     Amazon price
>  _Lisp_,             Winston        $33.75              $42.19
>  _ANSI Common Lisp_, Graham         $40.80              $47.00
>
>Or am I just being screened as a "computer books at any price"
>customer at Amazon?
>
>Chris

OH!  I have just purchased the Winston & Horn Indian edition for
Rs.300 (approx US$ 6).  Publisher: Addison Wesley.  Is it a good book
to start?  Seems very readable and easy to understand.

But aalas it is the only Lisp book available so cheaply here.  The
rest are in the range of Rs.3000-3500 -- buying out of the question
for a student.

Heaven praise Mr. Graham for putting "On Lisp" online !!
Thank You Sir.

quasi