From: R. Scott McIntire
Subject: Problem with ILISP
All,

I'm having a problem with ILISP on LispWorks for Linux 4.1.
I have saved off a LispWorks image without environment (with and without
:console t). Everything seems to work fine except when I compile a function
and then try to execute it from the interaction buffer I get the message:
ILISP: ILISP: arglist doc very messed up: [:DON'T KNOW].
The message occurs as soon as I type a space after the name of the compiled
function. However, after dismissing the dialog message, I can complete and
execute the compiled function. This does not happen when I evaluate a
function and then use the interaction buffer.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

-Scott McIntire

From: Will Deakin
Subject: Re: Problem with ILISP
R. Scott McIntire wrote:
> I'm having a problem with ILISP on LispWorks for Linux 4.1.
> I have saved off a LispWorks image without environment (with and without
> :console t). Everything seems to work fine except when I compile a function
> and then try to execute it from the interaction buffer I get the message:
> ILISP: ILISP: arglist doc very messed up: [:DON'T KNOW].
Are using emacs or xemacs?

> The message occurs as soon as I type a space after the name of the compiled
> function. However, after dismissing the dialog message, I can complete and
> execute the compiled function. This does not happen when I evaluate a
> function and then use the interaction buffer.
This is a pain but have you tried the cvs release? IIRC there are
LispWorks changes included that were supplied by Xanalys for this
release[1].

:)w

[1] (We have been muttering for a while about a new release but this
is you best bet for the time being...)
From: R. Scott McIntire
> From: Will Deakin <···········@hotmail.com>
> Newsgroups: comp.lang.lisp
> Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 14:10:10 +0000
> Subject: Re: Problem with ILISP
>
> R. Scott McIntire wrote:
>> I'm having a problem with ILISP on LispWorks for Linux 4.1.
>> I have saved off a LispWorks image without environment (with and without
>> :console t). Everything seems to work fine except when I compile a function
>> and then try to execute it from the interaction buffer I get the message:
>> ILISP: ILISP: arglist doc very messed up: [:DON'T KNOW].
> Are using emacs or xemacs?

I'm using emacs.

>> The message occurs as soon as I type a space after the name of the compiled
>> function. However, after dismissing the dialog message, I can complete and
>> execute the compiled function. This does not happen when I evaluate a
>> function and then use the interaction buffer.
> This is a pain but have you tried the cvs release? IIRC there are
> LispWorks changes included that were supplied by Xanalys for this
> release[1].
>
> :)w

I'll try this - thanks for the info.