From: Frode Vatvedt Fjeld
Subject: (let () form)
CLHS, for example in the entry for Macro AND, notes that:

  (and form) ==  (let () form)
  (and form1 form2 ...) ==  (when form1 (and form2 ...))

I'm curious why the first line says (let () form) rather than just
form. Are the two not the same (disregarding issues with
declarations)?

Frode Vatvedt Fjeld

From: Kent M Pitman
Subject: Re: (let () form)
Frode Vatvedt Fjeld <······@acm.org> writes:

> CLHS, for example in the entry for Macro AND, notes that:
>
>   (and form) ==  (let () form)
>   (and form1 form2 ...) ==  (when form1 (and form2 ...))
>
> I'm curious why the first line says (let () form) rather than just
> form. Are the two not the same (disregarding issues with
> declarations)?

Probably an artifact of some earlier rendering in terms of LET for the
other clauses. ... or something to make it easier to compare to OR.
From: Martin Simmons
"Kent M Pitman" <······@world.std.com> wrote in message
····················@shell01.TheWorld.com...
> Frode Vatvedt Fjeld <······@acm.org> writes:
>
> > CLHS, for example in the entry for Macro AND, notes that:
> >
> >   (and form) ==  (let () form)
> >   (and form1 form2 ...) ==  (when form1 (and form2 ...))
> >
> > I'm curious why the first line says (let () form) rather than just
> > form. Are the two not the same (disregarding issues with
> > declarations)?
>
> Probably an artifact of some earlier rendering in terms of LET for the
> other clauses. ... or something to make it easier to compare to OR.

Or maybe to make it clear that form will not be a top level form, even if the
AND is?
--
Martin Simmons, Xanalys Software Tools
······@xanalys.com