From: Marc Battyani
Subject: [Announce] mod_lisp 2.2
mod_lisp is an Apache module to easily write web applications in Lisp.

mod_lisp talk from Apache to lisp processes by sockets with a very
straightforward protocol to handle a request. It keeps the the Apache to
Lisp sockets open for improved performance.

From the change log:

21-03-2002
Version 2.2
Allow more than one Set-Cookie
Renamed the win32 dll to mod_lisp.dll

22-02-2002
Version 2.1
Added the possibility to add notes in the apache notes table
Corrected a multithreading bug in the Win32 version
Better handling of header only replies.

Marc

From: Martin Cracauer
Subject: Re: [Announce] mod_lisp 2.2
"Marc Battyani" <·············@fractalconcept.com> writes:

>mod_lisp is an Apache module to easily write web applications in Lisp.

>mod_lisp talk from Apache to lisp processes by sockets with a very
>straightforward protocol to handle a request. It keeps the the Apache to
>Lisp sockets open for improved performance.

Sorry, where can I download it from and which Lisp implementations are
supported?

Martin
--
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
Martin Cracauer <········@bik-gmbh.de> http://www.bik-gmbh.de/~cracauer/
From: Marc Battyani
"Martin Cracauer" <········@counter.bik-gmbh.de> wrote
> "Marc Battyani" <·············@fractalconcept.com> writes:
>
> >mod_lisp is an Apache module to easily write web applications in Lisp.
>
> >mod_lisp talk from Apache to lisp processes by sockets with a very
> >straightforward protocol to handle a request. It keeps the the Apache to
> >Lisp sockets open for improved performance.
>
> Sorry, where can I download it from and which Lisp implementations are
> supported?

Oops! Sorry, I forgot the URL... Here it is :
http://www.fractalconcept.com/asp/html/mod_lisp.html

All Lisps are supported (if they have a socket interface).
For my servers I use LW on FreeBSD.

Marc
From: Marc Spitzer
In article <··················································@lp.airnews.net>
, Marc Battyani wrote:

> "Martin Cracauer" <········@counter.bik-gmbh.de> wrote
>> "Marc Battyani" <·············@fractalconcept.com> writes:
>>
>> >mod_lisp is an Apache module to easily write web applications in Lisp.
>>
>> >mod_lisp talk from Apache to lisp processes by sockets with a very
>> >straightforward protocol to handle a request. It keeps the the Apache to
>> >Lisp sockets open for improved performance.
>>
>> Sorry, where can I download it from and which Lisp implementations are
>> supported?
>
> Oops! Sorry, I forgot the URL... Here it is :
> http://www.fractalconcept.com/asp/html/mod_lisp.html
>
> All Lisps are supported (if they have a socket interface).
> For my servers I use LW on FreeBSD.
>
> Marc

Does LW have a native freebsd port or is it linux emulation? The last time
I looked they did not have a native freebsd product.

marc
From: Marc Battyani
"Marc Spitzer" <····@oscar.eng.cv.net> wrote
> , Marc Battyani wrote:
> >
> > All Lisps are supported (if they have a socket interface).
> > For my servers I use LW on FreeBSD.
> >

> Does LW have a native freebsd port or is it linux emulation? The last time
> I looked they did not have a native freebsd product.

It's Linux emulation

Marc
From: Martin Cracauer
····@oscar.eng.cv.net (Marc Spitzer) writes:

>In article <··················································@lp.airnews.net>
>, Marc Battyani wrote:

>>> Sorry, where can I download it from and which Lisp implementations are
>>> supported?
>>
>> Oops! Sorry, I forgot the URL... Here it is :
>> http://www.fractalconcept.com/asp/html/mod_lisp.html
>>
>> All Lisps are supported (if they have a socket interface).
>> For my servers I use LW on FreeBSD.
>>
>> Marc
>>

>Does LW have a native freebsd port or is it linux emulation? The last time
>I looked they did not have a native freebsd product.

Actually I extended the FreeBSD Linux emulation to support Lispworks.
If there are problems, please let me know at cracauer at cons. org

Martin
--
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
From: Eric Moss
>Actually I extended the FreeBSD Linux emulation to support Lispworks.

THAT would be handy for the ports collection to have.  I trashed an unknown
port on FreeBSD and spent a weekend finding that the linux-lesstif port
appeared to be needed for LWL. I don't know that this was the real problem,
but if nothing else works, this seems to.

Eric
From: Martin Cracauer
Eric Moss <········@alltel.net> writes:

>>Actually I extended the FreeBSD Linux emulation to support Lispworks.

>THAT would be handy for the ports collection to have.

The fix is the the Kernel for 1.5 years or so.  All you need is a
Linux Motif library, like you discovered.

If Harlequin would give us a Lispworks trial version that works
without coming up with the GUI (tty listener only), I will make a port
for Lispworks.

Martin
--
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
From: Eric Moss
That would be nice.  I don't mind the LW GUI too much, but I would still
rather work directly from emacs.

Eric
From: Ng Pheng Siong
According to Marc Battyani <·············@fractalconcept.com>:
> All Lisps are supported (if they have a socket interface).
> For my servers I use LW on FreeBSD.

Assuming LW means Xanalys LispWorks, I just went to their website and look:
they don't seem to have a FreeBSD-native version; are you using the Linux
version?

Cheers.

--
Ng Pheng Siong <····@netmemetic.com> * http://www.netmemetic.com
From: Ng Pheng Siong
According to Ng Pheng Siong <····@netmemetic.com>:
> According to Marc Battyani <·············@fractalconcept.com>:
> > All Lisps are supported (if they have a socket interface).
> > For my servers I use LW on FreeBSD.
>
> Assuming LW means Xanalys LispWorks, I just went to their website and look:
> they don't seem to have a FreeBSD-native version; are you using the Linux
> version?

Doh! I've read the entire thread; never mind. ;-)

--
Ng Pheng Siong <····@netmemetic.com> * http://www.netmemetic.com
From: P.C.
Hi.

"Marc Battyani" <·············@fractalconcept.com> skrev i en meddelelse
·······················································@lp.airnews.net...
> mod_lisp is an Apache module to easily write web applications in Lisp.

There are one thing I don't realy understand , you write ;

"The Lisp servers are application servers. I don't want to bother the Lisp
applications with things like serving gif or jpeg files or even static pages in
some cases. Using mod_lisp I can separate the HTTP servers from the application
servers. "

Then I like to know, if this is a religious issue or if you just hate artists or
people who are not text minded as a whole.  Why is it btw. that religious issues
or rather hate issues ,like the arogant way text fanatics again and again come
up with the idear to freze everything at 1986 standards; as if this the idear of
the tech. develobment that anyone who use graphics are those to hate ?
Maby I shuld start painting a new painting ; what letter do you suggest I use
for black color ?
P.C.
.
From: Christopher Browne
Centuries ago, Nostradamus foresaw when "P.C." <··········@privat.dk> would write:
> "Marc Battyani" <·············@fractalconcept.com> skrev i en meddelelse
> ·······················································@lp.airnews.net...
>> mod_lisp is an Apache module to easily write web applications in Lisp.
>
> There are one thing I don't realy understand , you write ;

> "The Lisp servers are application servers. I don't want to bother
> the Lisp applications with things like serving gif or jpeg files or
> even static pages in some cases. Using mod_lisp I can separate the
> HTTP servers from the application servers. "

> Then I like to know, if this is a religious issue or if you just
> hate artists or people who are not text minded as a whole.  Why is
> it btw. that religious issues or rather hate issues ,like the
> arogant way text fanatics again and again come up with the idear to
> freze everything at 1986 standards; as if this the idear of the
> tech. develobment that anyone who use graphics are those to hate ?
> Maby I shuld start painting a new painting ; what letter do you
> suggest I use for black color ?

No, the point is quite the reverse.

The point is that Apache is perfectly good at serving up static
material.  If there are files that not changing, it would involve some
sort of "bigotry" to demand that _all_ the site traffic get managed
using the Lisp side of the application.

Is there some particular reason why you are focused on reading some
sort of "hatred" into this?

The only "hatred" I can perceive in the situation is what _you'd_ be
bringing to the table by making _your_ wild accusations of bigotry.
It is much more likely that _you_ are the one promoting hatred.
--
(concatenate 'string "cbbrowne" ·@acm.org")
http://www3.sympatico.ca/cbbrowne/finances.html
From: Craig Brozefsky
"P.C." <··········@privat.dk> writes:

> "The Lisp servers are application servers. I don't want to bother
> the Lisp applications with things like serving gif or jpeg files or
> even static pages in some cases. Using mod_lisp I can separate the
> HTTP servers from the application servers. "
>
> Then I like to know, if this is a religious issue or if you just
> hate artists or people who are not text minded as a whole.  Why is
> it btw. that religious issues or rather hate issues ,like the
> arogant way text fanatics again and again come up with the idear to
> freze everything at 1986 standards; as if this the idear of the
> tech. develobment that anyone who use graphics are those to hate ?
> Maby I shuld start painting a new painting ; what letter do you
> suggest I use for black color ?  P.C.  .

I'm not sure why you read the comment that way at all, unless you have
some axe to grind.  It is simply that Apache and your webserver are
already great at serving the static files, gifs and jpegs and static
HTML and so it should be left up to them, with mod_lisp providing the
shim for the handling of the generation of *dynamic* HTML/GIF/JPEG or
whatever in the lisp application.

--
Craig Brozefsky                           <·····@red-bean.com>
                                http://www.red-bean.com/~craig