From: Luke J Crook
Subject: CMUCL & Cygwin
Has anyone managed to port CMUCL to Windows using Cygwin ? CMUCL supports
multithreading... I wonder if this would be a problem using the Posix API
that Cygwin provides?

-Luke

From: Rahul Jain
Subject: Re: CMUCL & Cygwin
"Luke J Crook" <······@socal.rr.com> writes:

> Has anyone managed to port CMUCL to Windows using Cygwin ?

No one has done it yet, but it has been discussed. I suppose there
isn't enough interest in actually using it to cause anyone to port it.

> CMUCL supports multithreading... I wonder if this would be a problem
> using the Posix API that Cygwin provides?

Cmucl doesn't use pthreads, it uses a custom userspace threading
system.

--
-> -/                        - Rahul Jain -                        \- <-
-> -\  http://linux.rice.edu/~rahul -=-  ············@techie.com   /- <-
From: Luke J Crook
After having done some reading, I see that CMUCL uses user-threads with
cooperative scheduling, so the multithreading issue shouldn't be that much
of a problem.

-Luke

····························@twister.socal.rr.com...

From: Daniel Barlow
"Luke J Crook" <······@socal.rr.com> writes:

> Has anyone managed to port CMUCL to Windows using Cygwin ? CMUCL supports
> multithreading... I wonder if this would be a problem using the Posix API
> that Cygwin provides?

There are some notes about porting to Windows on the web pages of SBCL
(a very similar system), which can be summarised as "many have asked,
nobody has provided".  See http://sbcl.sourceforge.net/ports.php

-dan

--

  http://ww.telent.net/cliki/ - Link farm for free CL-on-Unix resources