From: Jordan Katz
Subject: potentially OT; CL and XML.
Hello,

  This is borderline off-topic here, but I figured the readers of this
  newsgroup would know the answer to my question.  I'd like to parse
  XML and retrieve information from XML documents (in a basic way)
  from CL.  I was wondering if anyone here knew of an open-source
  library for CL that does this; whether home-brewed or not, that
  comes with at least some examples or documentation.  I'd appreciate
  any pointers about this from people who have used CL to solve problems
  involving XML.

Thanks a lot, and sorry for this being a little OT,
--
Jordan Katz <····@underlevel.net>  |  Mind the gap

From: Vebjorn Ljosa
Subject: Re: potentially OT; CL and XML.
* Jordan Katz <····@underlevel.net>

|   This is borderline off-topic here, but I figured the readers of this
|   newsgroup would know the answer to my question.  I'd like to parse
|   XML and retrieve information from XML documents (in a basic way)
|   from CL.  I was wondering if anyone here knew of an open-source
|   library for CL that does this; whether home-brewed or not, that
|   comes with at least some examples or documentation.  I'd appreciate
|   any pointers about this from people who have used CL to solve problems
|   involving XML.

These are the CL libraries for XML parsing I know of:

 * CL-XML
   <URL:http://ww.telent.net/cliki/CL-XML>

 * UncommonXML
   <URL:http://ww.telent.net/cliki/UncommonXML>

I haven't used any of them.

| Thanks a lot, and sorry for this being a little OT,

It's not off-topic at all.

--
Vebjorn Ljosa
From: Sam Steingold
> * In message <··············@underlevel.underlevel.net>
> * On the subject of "potentially OT; CL and XML."
> * Sent on 18 Mar 2002 00:20:47 -0500
> * Honorable Jordan Katz <····@underlevel.net> writes:
>
>   This is borderline off-topic here, but I figured the readers of this
>   newsgroup would know the answer to my question.  I'd like to parse
>   XML and retrieve information from XML documents (in a basic way)
>   from CL.  I was wondering if anyone here knew of an open-source
>   library for CL that does this; whether home-brewed or not, that
>   comes with at least some examples or documentation.  I'd appreciate
>   any pointers about this from people who have used CL to solve
>   problems involving XML.

CLOCC/CLLIB/xml.lisp
<http://www.podval.org/~sds/data/cllib.html>

--