From: Julian Stecklina
Subject: Graphics output
Hello,

I just wrote a program to simulate mass attraction (German:
Massenanziehung) in a simple way and am now concerned with getting
some "visual feedback" rather than looking at plain coordinates.

What I look for is a way to draw geometrical primitives (e.g. points,
lines, circles) to an X11 display. I know there are several bindings
for widget sets and there is CLIM. But these seem to be too complex
for this problem. I just want a black screen where I can draw. :)
Does anyone has suggestions or examples? I mainly use CMU CL.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Julian

PS. No. It's not homework.
--
Meine Hompage: http://julian.re6.de

Um meinen oeffentlichen Schluessel zu erhalten:
To get my public key:
http://math-www.uni-paderborn.de/pgp/

From: Rahul Jain
Subject: Re: Graphics output
Julian Stecklina <··········@web.de> writes:

> What I look for is a way to draw geometrical primitives (e.g. points,
> lines, circles) to an X11 display.

CLX should be available from where you got cmucl. Here is a manual for
the CLX API: <http://www.uni-karlsruhe.de/~unk6/clxman/>

--
-> -/                        - Rahul Jain -                        \- <-
-> -\  http://linux.rice.edu/~rahul -=-  ············@techie.com   /- <-
From: Rolf Wester
Julian Stecklina schrieb:

> Hello,
>
> I just wrote a program to simulate mass attraction (German:
> Massenanziehung) in a simple way and am now concerned with getting
> some "visual feedback" rather than looking at plain coordinates.

I think the simplest way would be to use xmgrace. This is a 2d-drawing program
for X11 that can be controlled through a pipe.

Rolf Wester