From: Timothy M. Schaeffer
Subject: Compile time CLOS
Hello,

I'm curious : can methods be explicitly compiled with (compile...)? Some
other way besides in a (compile-file...)? Portably?

thanks
TMS
From: Pierre R. Mai
Subject: Re: Compile time CLOS
"Timothy M. Schaeffer" <·······@erinet.com> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I'm curious : can methods be explicitly compiled with (compile...)? Some
> other way besides in a (compile-file...)? Portably?

(funcall (compile nil (lambda () (defmethod foo ((a bar)) 42))))

is going to ensure that anything that can be compiled is going to be
compiled.

That said, most implementations of CLOS do things like combining
method bodies into effective method functions, or similar things, in
order to optimize the hell out of generic function invokation, and in
the order of doing that compile code on their own, behind your back.

So compiling defmethod forms is not going to make a lot of difference
there.

Regs, Pierre.

--
Pierre R. Mai <····@acm.org>                    http://www.pmsf.de/pmai/
 We cause accidents.                           -- Nathaniel Borenstein