From: Andre Koehorst
Subject: CL-HTTP 70-23 or 70-156a-pre, Lispworks 4.2 and Win2000
From: Friedrich Dominicus
"Andre Koehorst" <··········@mmi.unimaas.nl> writes:

> I have recently switched from ACL to LW for the development of an
> application that is using CL-HTTP. I have not been lucky trying to run
> CL-HTTP (70-23 or 70-156a-pre) with Lispworks 4.2 under Win2000. Anybody
> been able to run either straight out of the box under win2000? Anybody been
> able to run the examples? The system seems to have problems figuring out the
> host-name and host-ip-number. Setq-ing the appropriate variables in
> configuration.lisp (http/examples/configuration.lisp or
> http/lw/examples/configuration.lisp) does not seem to help.
I did not have tried it under Windows but I have tried it under Linux
and Digital Unix. The only thing I had to do was this:
in configuration.lisp
(setq http:*http-host-name* "my-machine.here")

Important is that there is at least one dot in that name, this
information is burried somewhere in the documentation.

70-156a-pre does compile here out of the box ...

Regards
Friedrich