From: Dave Bakhash
Subject: compilation printout...
Hi,

I am using LW and noticed that when compiling top-level forms that are
macros, e.g.

  (define-state xyz ...
    ...)

I get compilation outputs like:

  ; (TOP-LEVEL-FORM 3)
  ; (TOP-LEVEL-FORM 4)
  ; (TOP-LEVEL-FORM 5)
  ; (TOP-LEVEL-FORM 6)

I'd like, in those instances, to see something customized, like:

  ; (STATE XYZ)

Is there a way?  If there's no way to change the output, I can
probably just place in a call to FORMAT in the macro definition.  But
then I have multiple outputs for each top-level form.

thanks,
dave

From: Simon Katz
Subject: Re: compilation printout...
> "Dave Bakhash" <·····@alum.mit.edu> wrote in message
> ·································@posting.google.com...
> Hi,
>
> I am using LW and noticed that when compiling top-level forms that
> are macros, e.g.
>
>   (define-state xyz ...
>     ...)
>
> I get compilation outputs like:
>
>   ; (TOP-LEVEL-FORM 3)
>   ; (TOP-LEVEL-FORM 4)
>   ; (TOP-LEVEL-FORM 5)
>   ; (TOP-LEVEL-FORM 6)
>
> I'd like, in those instances, to see something customized, like:
>
>   ; (STATE XYZ)
>
> Is there a way?  If there's no way to change the output, I can
> probably just place in a call to FORMAT in the macro definition.
> But then I have multiple outputs for each top-level form.

Take a look at LW:TOP-LEVEL-FORM in the LispWorks reference manual.
From: Dave Bakhash
Hey,

> Take a look at LW:TOP-LEVEL-FORM in the LispWorks reference manual.

perfect.  thanks.

dave