From: John L�tz
Subject: Lisp and OpenGL, External C++ Libraries, Lithtech
   What Lisp environments other than CMUCL support OpenGL,
external C++ libraries, and 3D libraries such as Lithtech's
graphic engine? This query is preferencial to Mac & PC.

Best Regards,
John

From: Kenny Tilton
Subject: Re: Lisp and OpenGL, External C++ Libraries, Lithtech
"John L�tz" wrote:

>    What Lisp environments other than CMUCL support OpenGL,
> external C++ libraries, and 3D libraries such as Lithtech's
> graphic engine? This query is preferencial to Mac & PC.

MCL, ACL, and LispWorks. No reason others couldn't, I 'spose, but those
three I know about.

--

 kenny tilton
 clinisys, inc
From: Kenny Tilton
Kenny Tilton wrote:

> "John L�tz" wrote:
> >
> >    What Lisp environments other than CMUCL support OpenGL,
> > external C++ libraries, and 3D libraries such as Lithtech's
> > graphic engine? This query is preferencial to Mac & PC.
> >

> MCL, ACL, and LispWorks. No reason others couldn't, I 'spose, but those
> three I know about.

Sorry, i was just talking about the OpenGL part of the question.

From: John Watton
In what sense do you include ACL as supporting OpenGL? A Franz website
search has no hits for OpenGL. I can vouch for LispWorks though. They have
an extensive Lisp API to the OpenGL libraries that can be used in CAPI on
Windows or Unix.

John Watton

From: Kenny Tilton
John Watton wrote:

> In what sense do you include ACL as supporting OpenGL?

Only in the sense that they have an FFI, and I found some OpenGL
bindings (not from Franz) which let me get a toy example working.

Lispworks does sound a lot better. I found it hard to work with the
interface I found because closing the OpenGL window also exited ACL.