From: Jeremiah T. Isaacs
Subject: Mac OS X - clisp - clx ?
The most recent binary release of clisp for Mac OS X is 2.27.  The cxl
release from CLOCC requires clisp 2.28 (i tried).  Any other release
of clx I have found is from 1994.

Is there a working version of clx for mac os X and 2.27? Or has
someone built 2.28 on mac so X?

(I am trying to wait for mcl 4.4 in a productive manner :)

--
	http://www.io.com/~jti
	Faru cian volon, estu la tuta legx.

From: Jeremiah T. Isaacs
Subject: Re: Mac OS X - clisp - clx ?
Raymond Toy <··················@telocity.com> wrote:
> Jeremiah T. Isaacs wrote:
>> The most recent binary release of clisp for Mac OS X is 2.27.  The cxl
>> release from CLOCC requires clisp 2.28 (i tried).  Any other release
>> of clx I have found is from 1994.
>>
>> Is there a working version of clx for mac os X and 2.27? Or has
>> someone built 2.28 on mac so X?
>>
> I'm pretty sure 2.28 builds out of the box on OSX.  If not, the CVS
> versions should.

Definitely not 'out of the box'.  Ignoring many warnings and errors
thru the build process (i think mostly dealing with FFI)  examples:

lispbibl.d:11362: illegal external declaration, missing `;' after `)'
lispbibl.d:11362: illegal external declaration, missing `;' after `obj'

clisp will launch, but fails the test, and then during make install
clisp launches, loads some files and :

I will try getting what is in CVS later.

Any hints?  The 2.27 binary for os X has no notes about who did it or
how, and the platform notes only refer to Mac OS X Server, which I
assume they mean the early 1.x releases.

From: Dave Seaman
In article <·······················@bin2.nnrp.aus1.giganews.com>,
Jeremiah T. Isaacs <···@eris.io.com> wrote:
>Raymond Toy <··················@telocity.com> wrote:
>> Jeremiah T. Isaacs wrote:
>>> The most recent binary release of clisp for Mac OS X is 2.27.  The cxl
>>> release from CLOCC requires clisp 2.28 (i tried).  Any other release
>>> of clx I have found is from 1994.

>>> Is there a working version of clx for mac os X and 2.27? Or has
>>> someone built 2.28 on mac so X?

>> I'm pretty sure 2.28 builds out of the box on OSX.  If not, the CVS
>> versions should.

>Definitely not 'out of the box'.

I have version 2.27-1 running on my Mac.  That's the current version at
fink.sourceforge.net, and it definitely builds out of the box.

If you have fink installed, just type

	sudo fink install clisp

and the rest is automatic.

--
Dave Seaman			·······@purdue.edu
Amnesty International says Mumia Abu-Jamal decision falls short of justice.
From: Jeremiah T. Isaacs
Dave Seaman <·······@seaman.cc.purdue.edu> wrote:
> I have version 2.27-1 running on my Mac.  That's the current version at
> fink.sourceforge.net, and it definitely builds out of the box.

I was trying to get 2.28.

I went to the clisp-list, and the solution turned out to be similar to
a problem on the earlier X server.

To build 2.28 on Mac OS X 10.1.5, you simply need to enter 'unlimit'
in the shell you are building in before you use make.

And better yet, I got clx to start working.  a little. (: