From: Lyle McKennot
Subject: McCarthy 's  Elephant 2000
Has anyone done work similar to John McCarthy's Elephant 2000 proposal
for a programming language based on speech acts ?

http://www-formal.stanford.edu/jmc/elephant/elephant.html
From: Brad Miller
Subject: Re: McCarthy 's  Elephant 2000
"Lyle McKennot" <····@spam.menot.com> wrote in message
> Has anyone done work similar to John McCarthy's Elephant 2000 proposal
> for a programming language based on speech acts ?
>
> http://www-formal.stanford.edu/jmc/elephant/elephant.html

Not as such, as far as I know, but you might look at other systems that are
based on the interpretation of speech acts, e.g. Phil Cohen's work on AAA
agents and QuickSet, James Allen's work on TRAINS dialogue understanding,
... as all will have some sort of representation level that will accomplish
what Elephant does in some sense.