From: Raymond de Lacaze
Subject: International Lisp Conference 2002

INTERNATIONAL LISP CONFERENCE 2002 (ILC 2002)

SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA

Monday, October 28th - Thursday, October 31st

(Conference Announcement)

Registration deadline:  September 31st, 2002

Paper Submission deadline: August 15th, 2002

http://www.international-lisp-conference.org/

The Conference
--------------

At the start of the 21st century we see the challenges ahead:
Applications will be more dynamic than ever and will be part of the
fibers of the Web, software and hardware robots will be our
assistants, and biology will be source of both computational problems
and programming metaphors. Applications will be customized to
individuals who happen upon them, our needs and desires will be
served by artificial beings, and our software may more accurately
resemble a termite nest than Rube Goldberg inventions.

Will our mainstream concepts, approaches, and languages hold up?
Where might we turn for progress, inspiration, and technology? Was it
right in front of us all along? The International Lisp Conference
addresses these questions and more.

This four-day conference will bring together a mesh of brilliant minds
from  a diverse international community that involves or borders the
Lisp family of languages. The conference will be uniquely multi-themed in
nature, and each day will paint a different theme. The themes  are  Lisp
and Functional Languages, Web Applications, Robotics and BioInformatics.
We have already gathered an impressive list of distinguished
speakers from each of these communities that promise to deliver a
captivating a stimulating conference experience.

Papers
------

Authors desiring to submit a full paper should declare their intention by
submitting a title and abstract of their paper by July 15st, 2002. The
actual
paper submission dealine will be August 15th 2002. The Program Committee
will be annouced shortly. Papers should be submitted in electronic form as a
postscript or pdf file. Submitted papers must be written in English and not
exceed 15 pages. Accepted  papers will be presented at the conference and
published in the conference proceedings.

For additional information, please visit the conference website:

http://www.international-lisp-conference.org

From: Samir Sekkat
Subject: Re: International Lisp Conference 2002
Hi Raymond,

sounds really good,
thank you very much for organising it :)

Samir Sekkat