From: Xah Lee
Subject: SICP cover scan needed
does anyone have a high quality scan for the book cover
Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs?
(http://mitpress.mit.edu/sicp/)

I need a high-quality scan better than this one:
http://xahlee.org/UnixResource_dir/sicp-cover.jpg

Thanks.

 Xah
 ···@xahlee.org
 http://xahlee.org/PageTwo_dir/more.html

From: Jonathan Bailleul
Subject: Re: SICP cover scan needed
Xah Lee wrote:

> does anyone have a high quality scan for the book cover
> Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs?
> (http://mitpress.mit.edu/sicp/)
>
> I need a high-quality scan better than this one:
> http://xahlee.org/UnixResource_dir/sicp-cover.jpg
>
> Thanks.
>
>  Xah
>  ···@xahlee.org
>  http://xahlee.org/PageTwo_dir/more.html

Better in size/resolution or final quality?
I can scan my cover, but it's rather used!

--
--------------------------
Jonathan BAILLEUL
From: Xah Lee
Hi Jonathan BAILLEUL,

a scan would be super.
Larger size almost always means higher quality.

if you are going to do a scan, can you scan at last some 150 points per inch?
I can always shrink it down to get dense resolution.

From: ozan s yigit
Xah Lee [on SICP cover image]:

> a scan would be super.

i must be strange, but i thought the appropriate thing to do would
be to contact the authors; despite appearences, someone probably has
a copyright on that cover. at least ask for permission...

oz
---
people have a tendency to rationalize what they can,
and forget what they can't. -- giles (buffy)
From: Lyle McKennot
Jonathan Bailleul <········@greyc.ismra.fr> wrote:

>Xah Lee wrote:
>>
>> does anyone have a high quality scan for the book cover
>> Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs?
>> (http://mitpress.mit.edu/sicp/)
>>
>> I need a high-quality scan better than this one:
>> http://xahlee.org/UnixResource_dir/sicp-cover.jpg

Why not photoshop it ?