From: Vladimir Zolotykh
Subject: UncommonSQL: using attributes
Principally to the developers of UncommonSQL.

The command (from LispWorks Reference Manual)

(sql:attribute-type [email] [employee])

turns into (for PostgreSQL DBMS)

SELECT pg_type.typname
FROM pg_type,pg_class,pg_attribute
WHERE ((pg_class.oid = pg_attribute.attrelid)
  and (pg_class.relname = employee)
  and (pg_attribute.attname = email)
  and (pg_attribute.atttypid = pg_type.oid))

All ok here except email and employes should be single quoted.
e.g. pg_class.relname = 'employee'. Of course I could write

  (sql:attribute-type "email" "employee")

But it seems not was intended.

Could you clarify it a bit ?

Using recent CVS version of USQL from alpha.onshored.com.

--
Vladimir Zolotykh

From: Craig Brozefsky
Subject: Re: UncommonSQL: using attributes
Vladimir Zolotykh <······@eurocom.od.ua> writes:

Sorry for the delayed response but it has been a hell of a week.  This
issue has been remedied in the latest CVS revision of
postgres-sql.lisp.  It was a bug.

--
Sincerely,
Craig Brozefsky <·····@red-bean.com>
From: Vladimir Zolotykh
Thank you for the answer. I'll check out it tomorrow.
I have a number of other issues or questions.
May I email them to you or post them to NG as usual ?
Which would be more convenient to you (if any) ?

From: Craig Brozefsky
Yes, we have ·········@lists.onshored.com available for discussion of
UncommonSQL.  You can subscribe at: