From: aaron matthew croyle
Subject: Sharred Memory in cLisp
Rather than jumping into the details let me explaine my actual problem for
a moment.

I'd like to have one (proccess/thread/function... whatever) that is always
listening for a new connection {like (handle-connect (socket-accept
server)) }  where handle-connect will "Take care of" the incomming
connection, which will be long and stateful, while the first function goes
back to listening.

"Take care of" could be any of the following:
1) Put the open socket in a sharred memory area so that another running
Lisp process that will handle all such connections (as they _will_
interact).
	Shared memory may be done:
all with Lisp
or by Lisp interfacing the C MM library

2) Starting a new thread to handle the connection, but I understand cLisp
doesn't do threads.

So, any ideas on how to do this.  I'd like to keep using cLisp, as I
already have the networking part working in that, but I could change if it
will make this part much easier

--

-=-Aaron Croyle

"If you don't know where you want to go, we'll make sure you get taken."
	-- Japanese translation of Microsoft's slogan