From: JB
Subject: GCL problem
I hope, this is not off-topic.
I cannot build gcl 2.4.0. After running ./config and
starting make, I get the message

CL (GNU Common Lisp)  Version(2.4.0) Tue Jul 30 20:41:38
CEST 2002
Licensed under GNU Library General Public License
Contains Enhancements by W. Schelter

Error: Caught fatal error [memory may be damaged]
Fast links are on: do (si::use-fast-links nil) for debugging
Error signalled by FUNCALL.

Error: -1 is an illegal frs index.
Fast links are on: do (si::use-fast-links nil) for debugging
Error signalled by SYSTEM:UNIVERSAL-ERROR-HANDLER.

Error: -1 is an illegal frs index.
Fast links are on: do (si::use-fast-links nil) for debugging
Error signalled by SYSTEM:UNIVERSAL-ERROR-HANDLER.

Can anybody give me a hint?
TIA,

--
Janos Blazi

From: John Paul Wallington
Subject: Re: GCL problem
JB <··@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I hope, this is not off-topic.
> I cannot build gcl 2.4.0.
[...]
> Can anybody give me a hint?

I think you may get more help on the gcl list:

If you prefer net-news, the list is also available from news.gmane.org
as gmane.lisp.gcl.devel.

--
John Paul Wallington
From: Camm Maguire
Greetings!  2.4.3 is the most recently released stable version.
Please try that.  Also, the current cvs snapshot includes quite a few
additional bug fixes, and successfully compiles itself and maxima on 9
out of 11 Debian GNU/Linux architectures, Windows, and sparc solaris.

You can check the state of gcl at http://savannah.gnu.org.  There is a
have problems.

Take care,

Camm Maguire			     			····@enhanced.com