From: Hans H�bner
Subject: Allegro CL 6.1 + cg + Emacs?
Hi there,

I'm using Allegro CL 6.1 on Windows and I work with Emacs.  I have a few CG
widgets which I want to use from within my applications.  Therefore, I'm
starting "allegro.exe" instead of "mlisp.exe" in order to get CG
functionality.  Still, I cannot open CG windows from with my Emacs listener:

Error: Make-window was called in a thread that did not pass
*default-cg-bindings* to mp:process-run-function (or other
       thread-starting function) when the thread was created.  See the
documentation for *default-cg-bindings*.

I tried to find a hook in eli which would allow me to set the
initial-bindings of the emacs listener process, but I could not find any.

Am I missing something?

Any hint would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Hans
From: Robert St. Amant
Subject: Re: Allegro CL 6.1 + cg + Emacs?
"Hans H�bner" <············@knowledgetools.de> writes:

> I'm using Allegro CL 6.1 on Windows and I work with Emacs.  I have a few CG
> widgets which I want to use from within my applications.  Therefore, I'm
> starting "allegro.exe" instead of "mlisp.exe" in order to get CG
> functionality.  Still, I cannot open CG windows from with my Emacs listener:
>
> Error: Make-window was called in a thread that did not pass
> *default-cg-bindings* to mp:process-run-function (or other
>        thread-starting function) when the thread was created.  See the
> documentation for *default-cg-bindings*.
>
> I tried to find a hook in eli which would allow me to set the
> initial-bindings of the emacs listener process, but I could not find any.
>
> Am I missing something?

I tried to do this some time ago, using ACL 5.0, and found that it was
not possible.  I think the same is true of ACL 6.0, though I don't
know if things have changed with ACL 6.1.  My memory is that there was
documentation to the effect that you can only create new windows from
within the IDE, though I can't track down the reference at the moment
That said, I've occasionally by accident evaluated a form in Emacs
that does create a window, but this just as often hangs the IDE.

--
Rob St. Amant
http://www4.ncsu.edu/~stamant