From: mcmax
Subject: emulator for lipm
Hi, all

I have start project for made GPL emulator of microcode engine

http://vlee.sourceforge.net

Welcome to developer and all helper

Max

From: Thomas F. Burdick
Subject: Re: emulator for lipm
"mcmax" <···············@libero.it> writes:

> Hi, all
>

> I have start project for made GPL emulator of microcode engine
>
> http://vlee.sourceforge.net
>
> Welcome to developer and all helper

Assuming you ever actually get functioning code there, what on earth
do you plan to do with it?  Do you actually have General licenses for
which you can't get hardware to run them on?  The giant wall between
normal humans and running Open Genera is the price of Open Genera
itself, not the price of the Alphas to run it on.

--
           /|_     .-----------------------.
         ,'  .\  / | No to Imperialist war |
From: Andreas Holz
···@conquest.OCF.Berkeley.EDU (Thomas F. Burdick) wrote in message news:<···············@conquest.OCF.Berkeley.EDU>...
> "mcmax" <···············@libero.it> writes:
>
> > Hi, all
> >

> > I have start project for made GPL emulator of microcode engine
> >
> > http://vlee.sourceforge.net
> >
> > Welcome to developer and all helper
>
> Assuming you ever actually get functioning code there, what on earth
> do you plan to do with it?  Do you actually have General licenses for
> which you can't get hardware to run them on?  The giant wall between
> normal humans and running Open Genera is the price of Open Genera
> itself, not the price of the Alphas to run it on.
>
> --
>            /|_     .-----------------------.
>          ,'  .\  / | No to Imperialist war |
>      ,--'    _,'   | Wage class war!       |
>     /       /      `-----------------------'
>    (   -.  |
>    |     ) |
>   (`-.  '--.)
>    `. )----'

1) I see this as some kind of sport - does someone ever believed in
1991, that the code, which Linus Thorvalds wrote to popup two windows
to communicate to each other ever will result in a quite successful
Unix clone?

2) As I personally own a MacIvory and have meanwhile a quite good
feeling what the capabilities of Genera are, I'm think it would not
only be fine to have an emulator to run Genera, it is really time now
to do it now!

Andreas
From: Christopher Browne
Quoth ······@topinform.com (Andreas Holz):
> ···@conquest.OCF.Berkeley.EDU (Thomas F. Burdick) wrote in message news:<···············@conquest.OCF.Berkeley.EDU>...
>> "mcmax" <···············@libero.it> writes:
>>
>> > Hi, all
>> >

>> > I have start project for made GPL emulator of microcode engine
>> >
>> > http://vlee.sourceforge.net
>> >
>> > Welcome to developer and all helper
>>
>> Assuming you ever actually get functioning code there, what on earth
>> do you plan to do with it?  Do you actually have General licenses for
>> which you can't get hardware to run them on?  The giant wall between
>> normal humans and running Open Genera is the price of Open Genera
>> itself, not the price of the Alphas to run it on.
>
> 1) I see this as some kind of sport - does someone ever believed in
> 1991, that the code, which Linus Thorvalds wrote to popup two windows
> to communicate to each other ever will result in a quite successful
> Unix clone?

Torvalds said, to the world: "Here!  I have something that at least
marginally works!"

This situation seems utterly devoid of Actual Functioning Anything.

> 2) As I personally own a MacIvory and have meanwhile a quite good
> feeling what the capabilities of Genera are, I'm think it would not
> only be fine to have an emulator to run Genera, it is really time
> now to do it now!

But without a source of inexpensive Genera code, this isn't much use.
--
(concatenate 'string "cbbrowne" ·@acm.org")
http://www.ntlug.org/~cbbrowne/oses.html