From: Wojciech Sobczuk
Subject: UncommonSQL and immediate retrieval
Hello,

Has anyone worked with UncommonSQL, and made it immediately retrieve
objects from join slots?  If so, I'd like to see some examples of that
done.  I can't get it to work with :retrieval :immediate in the :db-info
slot.

Sincerely,
Wojciech Sobczuk

From: Wojciech Sobczuk
Subject: Re: UncommonSQL and immediate retrieval
Ok, take that back.  It's on the TODO list.  I'm screwed.

Wojtek

From: Craig Brozefsky
Wojciech Sobczuk <······@nemo.pl> writes:

> Ok, take that back.  It's on the TODO list.  I'm screwed.

In all honesty, while it may be in the TODO list, I doubt it will
get done unless you or someone else does it.

--
Craig Brozefsky <·····@onshored.com>	             Senior Programmer
onShore Development                       http://www.onshore-devel.com
From: Dave Bakhash
Craig Brozefsky <·····@red-bean.com> writes:

> Wojciech Sobczuk <······@nemo.pl> writes:
>
> > Ok, take that back.  It's on the TODO list.  I'm screwed.
>
> In all honesty, while it may be in the TODO list, I doubt it will
> get done unless you or someone else does it.

What I think is that this feature doesn't really buy you that much
except for a bit of efficiency, depending on the situation.

dave
From: Wojciech Sobczuk
Well, it buys you a lot of efficiency compared to deferred retrieval.

For example if you have these classes (simplified):
	message
		from-user-id
		to-user-id
		body

	user
		id
		name

Try fetching all the messages and the respective from/to users with
deferred retrieval. You'll end up with 1 query to fetch the messages,
and then 2 queries per message to fetch the from/to users.  And it could
have been all done in one query with immediate retrieval.

Or am I not understanding something?

Greetings,
Wojtek

From: Marc Spitzer
In article <··············@piracy.red-bean.com>, Craig Brozefsky wrote:
> Wojciech Sobczuk <······@nemo.pl> writes:
>
>> Ok, take that back.  It's on the TODO list.  I'm screwed.
>
> In all honesty, while it may be in the TODO list, I doubt it will
> get done unless you or someone else does it.

So he can replace screwwed with motivated?

marc