From: Hannah Schroeter
Subject: Re: Where can I learn about CLOS?
Hello!

[Crosspost and Followup to comp.lang.lisp]

Gregory Bird  <········@hotmail.com> wrote:
>Can anyone point me in the direction of a good CLOS tutorial?  Or maybe
>some sample code?

As CLOS, in words the Common Lisp Object System, is part of Common Lisp,
you might just want to check out your favorite Common Lisp resources
such as
  http://www.lisp.org/
  http://www.alu.org/

You might also want to check the page
  http://dmoz.org/Computers/Programming/Languages/Lisp/
in the Open Directory for much more references.

Btw, as CLOS is an integral part of Common Lisp, I think that
it'd be more appropriate to discuss there, and I also think that
this (c.l.clos) newsgroup's existence is somewhat obsolete.

Kind regards,

Hannah.

From: Thaddeus L Olczyk
On 22 Jul 2002 10:00:15 GMT, ······@schlund.de (Hannah Schroeter)
wrote:

>Hello!
>
>[Crosspost and Followup to comp.lang.lisp]
>
>Gregory Bird  <········@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>Can anyone point me in the direction of a good CLOS tutorial?  Or maybe
>>some sample code?
>
>As CLOS, in words the Common Lisp Object System, is part of Common Lisp,
>you might just want to check out your favorite Common Lisp resources
>such as
>  http://www.lisp.org/
>  http://www.alu.org/
>
>You might also want to check the page
>  http://dmoz.org/Computers/Programming/Languages/Lisp/
>in the Open Directory for much more references.
>
>Btw, as CLOS is an integral part of Common Lisp, I think that
>it'd be more appropriate to discuss there, and I also think that
>this (c.l.clos) newsgroup's existence is somewhat obsolete.

If c.l.clos is obsolete then why are you reading it.

Nevertheless, you are more likely to get an answer on cll.
Such as a mention of Sonya Keene's book.
From: Paul D. Lathrop
Thaddeus L Olczyk <······@interaccess.com> wrote in
·······································@4ax.com:

> On 22 Jul 2002 10:00:15 GMT, ······@schlund.de (Hannah Schroeter)
> wrote:

<snip>

>>Gregory Bird  <········@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>>Can anyone point me in the direction of a good CLOS tutorial?  Or
>>>maybe some sample code?

<snip>

> Nevertheless, you are more likely to get an answer on cll.
> Such as a mention of Sonya Keene's book.

Object Oriented Programming in Common Lisp, by Sonya Keene.

Very nice book, but the examples leave a little to be desired.

Paul D. Lathrop