From: Adam Warner
Subject: Starting IMHO Web Environment
Hi all,

Can someone please tell me how to start a IMHO session.

I've installed cl-imho in Debian Woody/unstable and the instructions to
start a session are missing and I can't find the correct file to load.

These are the instructions to start a hello world:
http://freesw.onshored.com/wwwdist/imho/doc/objects.html

I've downloaded the source code and checked out the INSTALL file and the
part that should be relevant is:

   If this stuff is all in place, you should be able to evaluate the
   following within your lisp shell:

   (oos "IMHO" :compile)

   This will compile and load the IMHO system.

   To test, evaluate:

   (imho:test-install)

   and point a browser at http://<your hostname>/test-install

   That's it!

I want to compile and load the IMHO system. What do I have to load into my
CMUCL shell (the only one that IMHO currently supports) so that the
function OSS is defined?

Thanks,
Adam

From: Marc Spitzer
Subject: Re: Starting IMHO Web Environment
In article <··············@ID-105510.news.dfncis.de>, Adam Warner wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Can someone please tell me how to start a IMHO session.
>
> I've installed cl-imho in Debian Woody/unstable and the instructions to
> start a session are missing and I can't find the correct file to load.
>
> These are the instructions to start a hello world:
> http://freesw.onshored.com/wwwdist/imho/doc/objects.html
>
> I've downloaded the source code and checked out the INSTALL file and the
> part that should be relevant is:
>
>    If this stuff is all in place, you should be able to evaluate the
>    following within your lisp shell:
>
>    (oos "IMHO" :compile)
>
>    This will compile and load the IMHO system.
>
>    To test, evaluate:
>
>    (imho:test-install)
>
>    and point a browser at http://<your hostname>/test-install
>
>    That's it!
>
> I want to compile and load the IMHO system. What do I have to load into my
> CMUCL shell (the only one that IMHO currently supports) so that the
> function OSS is defined?
>
> Thanks,
> Adam

You need defsystem3 then after you have loaded that you can
type (mk:oos :imho :compile) to load imho

you also mught want to subscribe to the
lisp-web mailing list:

I asked much the same questions there a while ago

good luck

marc
From: Adam Warner
Hi Marc Spitzer,

> You need defsystem3 then after you have loaded that you can type (mk:oos
> :imho :compile) to load imho
>
> you also might want to subscribe to the lisp-web mailing list:
>
> I asked much the same questions there a while ago

Thanks for the tip about the mailing list and needing defsystem3.

*features* shows :MK-DEFSYSTEM is installed.

(mk:oos :imho :compile) has to be run as root. This works.

Can anyone see what's wrong when I now try and load the Hello World
application:
http://freesw.onshored.com/wwwdist/imho/doc/objects.html

* (mk:oos :imho :compile)

NIL

   [Note that the install notes tell me that this compiles and
   loads the IMHO system]

* (defclass hello-world (html-element))

NIL
* (defmethod render-html ((element hello-world) stream)
(format stream "Hello World!"))

#<Standard-Method RENDER-HTML (HELLO-WORLD T) {482D501D}>
* (defapplication hello-world-app
 :base-url "hello"
:initial-element hello-world)

Warning: These variables are undefined:
  HELLO-WORLD HELLO-WORLD-APP

Warning: This function is undefined:
  DEFAPPLICATION

Error in KERNEL:%COERCE-TO-FUNCTION:  the function DEFAPPLICATION is undefined.

Restarts:
  0: [ABORT] Return to Top-Level.

Debug  (type H for help)

(KERNEL:%COERCE-TO-FUNCTION DEFAPPLICATION)
Source: Error finding source:
Error in function DEBUG::GET-FILE-TOP-LEVEL-FORM:  Source file no longer exists:  target:code/fdefinition.lisp.

Regards,
Adam
From: Craig Brozefsky
Adam Warner <······@consulting.net.nz> writes:

> Error in KERNEL:%COERCE-TO-FUNCTION:  the function DEFAPPLICATION is undefined.
>
> Restarts:
>   0: [ABORT] Return to Top-Level.
>
> Debug  (type H for help

Your REPL is not in the IMHO package.  Doing (in-package :imho) should
fix that for you.

--
Craig Brozefsky <·····@onshored.com>	             Senior Programmer
onShore Development                       http://www.onshore-devel.com