From: Rolf Wester
Subject: Debugger in CMUCL
Hi,

I would like to use the graphical interface of the CMUCL debugger but
there is hardly any documentation on how to use it. Especillay I
couldn't figure out how to set breakpoints and step through functions.
I would be very appreciative for any help or hint where to find more
documentation.

Regards

Rolf Wester

From: Eric Marsden
Subject: Re: Debugger in CMUCL

  rw> I would like to use the graphical interface of the CMUCL
  rw> debugger but there is hardly any documentation on how to use it.
  rw> Especillay I couldn't figure out how to set breakpoints and step
  rw> through functions.

the graphical debugger looks a little limited: it's more an inspector
for stack frames. It probably wouldn't be hugely difficult to improve
it, to implement features like stepping, if you were so inclined.

--
Eric Marsden                          <URL:http://www.laas.fr/~emarsden/>
From: Rolf Wester
Eric Marsden schrieb:

>   rw> I would like to use the graphical interface of the CMUCL
>   rw> debugger but there is hardly any documentation on how to use it.
>   rw> Especillay I couldn't figure out how to set breakpoints and step
>   rw> through functions.
>
> the graphical debugger looks a little limited: it's more an inspector
> for stack frames. It probably wouldn't be hugely difficult to improve
> it, to implement features like stepping, if you were so inclined.

Thanks for your reply. I probably will stay with the tty debugger. I just
wondered why I couldn't find stepping / breakpoints etc. in the graphical
debugger although the CMUCL manual states that the both interfaces
are equivalent.

Rolf Wester