From: Joel Schmidt
Subject: FS: BOOKS for SALE - REDUCED
The following books are for sale as is. All books are in excellent to almost
new condition, unless otherwise noted.

Prices include US shipping. Payment by check, money order, or paypal.
(International sales will only be considered for large orders).
If you know you want a book, just email me and say so; I'll reply with payment
instructions. First come, first served.
Books ship when payment clears.

If you have any questions, I'll be happy to answer them, as time allows.
Amazon.com is a good place to look for more detailed descriptions of what the
books are about.

Contact: ······@yahoo.com

(1/29/02)

UNIX, Operating Systems, and Distributed Computing
The Magic Garden Explained - Internals of Unix System V Release 4; Goodheart &
Cox [my name is written on inside of cover] ($40, rare out-of-print)

UNIX Systems for Modern Architectures - Symmetric Multiprocessing and Caching
for Kernel Programmers; Schimmel ($25)

Parallel & Distributed Computing Handbook; Zomaya (editor) ($35)

Actors - A Model of Concurrent Computation in Distributed Systems; Agha ($15)

Object-Oriented, UML, Reuse
---------------------------
Objects, Components, and Frameworks with UML - The Catalysis Approach;
D'Souza, Wills ($20)

Object-Oriented Specification Case Studies; Lano and Haughton eds. ($8.50)

Reusable Software - The base object-oriented component libraries - Meyer ($8.50)

Smalltalk Best Practice Patterns; Beck ($30)

Designing Object-Oriented User Interfaces; Collins ($25)

Software Development, Project Management
The Mythical Man-Month - 20th Anniverary Edition; Brooks ($10)

Dynamics of Software Development; McCarthy ($10)

Artificial Intelligence, Lisp, Etc.
-----------------------------
Paradigms of Artificial Intelligence Programming: Case Studies in Common Lisp;
Norvig ($30)

Common Lisp - The Language, 2nd Ed.; Steele ($35)

The Art of the Metaobject Protocol; Kiczales, Rivieres, Bobrow ($20)

Expert Systems - Principles and Programming (1ST ed); Giarratano, Riley ($8.50)

Genetic Programming - An Introduction; Banzhaf, Nordin, Keller, Francone ($20)

Physics & Nanotechnology
The Feynman Lectures on Physics (vols 1-3 set, pb); Feynman, Leighton, Sands
($45)

Nanosystems - Molecular machinery, Manufacturing, and Computation; K. Eric
Drexler ($20)

[ comp.ai is moderated.  To submit, just post and be patient, or if ]
[ that fails mail your article to <·······@moderators.isc.org>, and ]
[ ask your news administrator to fix the problems with your system. ]