From: dully
Subject: help me please, lisp or vasic programming
Hello

i am drawing for curve use to pline with function.

functin = (0.2523558 * x) - (0.2525631 * sin (( 2 * pi * (x /500))) +
(6.1/2 )

range x from 0 to 500

if you know, send me sample program ( visual basic or lisp)

autocad virsion : 2000

tank you

From: P.C.
Subject: Re: help me please, lisp or vasic programming
Hi.

"dully" <··········@yahoo.com> skrev i en meddelelse
·················@news1.kornet.net...
> Hello
>
> i am drawing for curve use to pline with function.
>
> functin = (0.2523558 * x) - (0.2525631 * sin (( 2 * pi * (x /500))) +
> (6.1/2 )
>
> range x from 0 to 500

Now with AutoLisp things work a little different. In the AutoCAD inviroment you
have all these graphic functions avaible, that you can call anf feed with the
calculations they need, when the function then yield the result there be dots on
the screen, but at the same time the drawing database have been added another
entity.  Now there are even functions to collect drawing entities from the
database and functions that temp. will change the values in these entities and
finaly functions that will put back the changed entity instead of the old ones.
What you shuld do, is to take a closer look at the Pline function to se where to
put your calculation, and as the pline are accible at the keyboard you can use
AutoLisp in batch mode ,by using the "command" function to pass a Pline macro
sequence to the command function ---- btw. don't mistake the command function
with the command promt, it's not the same thing.
So your Lisp line will look like this ;
(command "pline" vars)   ---- now the pline function are quite complex, and some
vars are text  that you have to place in "" ,but please remember that creating a
PLine you will add the center point for the circle describing your Arc. but
that's only if you use another way to create the Pline.
If you can fill in the vars for the Pline with the Command function do that and
you will get another of all these bad programming applications, with a command
function on each line, and get to know the real reson why encrypting of AutoLisp
is so popular, but there are another way with the Entmake function, where you
can prepare or have the calculations within the function calls.
So ------- Check the command and the Pline and the Entmake functions. And by all
means ; the Command function is _not_ the same as the Command prompt, and then
rewrite your calculations into Lisp notasion ;))
Have a nice day.
P.C.
From: P.C.
Subject: Re: (OT)help me please, lisp or vasic programming
From: Brian P Templeton
"P.C." <··········@privat.dk> writes:

> Hi.
> Sorry I forgot to add, that Im'e not sure that this is realy Topic in this
> groupe, and that you would proberly get a better ansver in a groupe dealing with
> AutoLisp, where this groupe deal with CommonLisp ; there are quite a difference.
> P.C.
This group deals with all Lisps, though primarily with Common Lisp.

--
BPT <···@tunes.org>	    		/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign
backronym for Linux:			\ / No HTML or RTF in mail