From: P.C.
Subject: Looking for a start point
Hi.
I allways thought that "the heavy books "  wasn't that difficult, they are not
as difficult as the thin ones that's my experience ; books where everything are
described in a few lines, no libories ,no precaurtions, just simple statements
and if you need somthing you describe how it work and then it's there.
Then all the time I kind of thought that that's how it shuld be, ---- If any,
the Lisp syntax shuld be all I need to know, as what Im'e realy looking for, is
the idear rather than the possibility of writing standard programs, just in Lisp
rather than any other. ----- Like if C and C++ is just making everything more
complex, just to save the compiler some work.
Now I did progress, as I suddenly understood that all that magic was just about
putting on and popping of a stack in a way I found more natural, than assigning
var's and making long if or while statments vowen into eachother ; with Lisp I
found that I could just write the answer, and then hope for enough mem -------
but even with that limitasion, real life problems most often are limitet, and
can be solved within a limitet mem.  So what's the problem.
The problem is, that I want to find the best of the thick books , one where I
can start with reasoble knowleage about the real strength of Lisp, but get to
know all the fancy precaurtions that kept me from C++ , in a way so I can use my
knowleage about Lisp without making it into another iretative way of doing it.
Now I guess all you guy's think "what an amature", but what I simply can't
understand, is why it's possible to have a mass of functions described within
AutoCAD accible with a few lines of code, working perfect in "batch mode" within
the program-------- then why isn't there an edditor working in the same way,
that access functions without me writing where to find them on my harddisk.  Or
is Lisp edditors allway's made exactly how Borland interduced the first public
compilers.
Guess most of you gave up by now, now this guy ask for an edditor, where _all_
function describtions are allready loaded and accesible,  and I agrea, that maby
it's just my problem, that Im'e used to , that all I need is one thick book
describing the functions avaible in this inviroment, and a thin book remining me
about how Lambda work.  --------- Still I havn't yet given up hope, I know that
I can access win. standard functions thru AutoLisp within the Acad application
and I don't care if the Lisp there are described in C, ---- as long as I can use
Lisp syntax, and know that one day Il'l find a text book, that open my eyes for
what I can't se, Lisp is still the only one I know and can handle more efficient
than most C programmers do their stuff, -------- but it would be nice to access
more than just the LPT. port, and it _would_ be nice if it would be possible to
compile from within an application. ------- like in AutoCAD se the thing work,
and then hit the compile button.
Guess you guy's think Im'e crasy, but this is how I feel about this. ----- Is it
me that is wierd, while I expect that programming shuld be about just knowing
the functions, and the syntax, then an edditor ought to be able to pick the
soruce code ,as an edditor shuld have a better chance to find it.
P.C.
http://makeashorterlink.com/?B5574244