From: Software Scavenger
Subject: Heap limit of LWW 4.2 personal edition
The LWW 4.2 heap limit seems to vary, more or less randomly, depending
on the pattern of usage.  Has anyone figured it out?

From: Siegfried Gonzi
Subject: Re: Heap limit of LWW 4.2 personal edition
Software Scavenger wrote:

> The LWW 4.2 heap limit seems to vary, more or less randomly, depending
> on the pattern of usage.  Has anyone figured it out?

First where do you get the personal edition 4.2? I only find 4.1.20 (for
Windows) on their www.xanalys.com.

Allegro CL (personal edition ) is limited in heap due to a threshold of
about 19MB; Xanalys does not write what actually the heap size limit of
their personal edition product is; but I think it is in the range of 13 -
15 MB.

S. Gonzi
From: Software Scavenger
Siegfried Gonzi <···············@kfunigraz.ac.at> wrote in message news:<·················@kfunigraz.ac.at>...

> First where do you get the personal edition 4.2? I only find 4.1.20 (for
> Windows) on their www.xanalys.com.

I got it from their ftp site.  It does seem a little strange that the
download version on the web site would still be 4.1.20 when the ftp
version was 4.2.  Maybe the person who maintains the web site just
didn't have time to update it yet.

It seems that the heap limit has grown significantly, but it's hard to
pin it down.  Maybe it has something to do with what generation the
memory is in, or how fast you've been increasing your usage of it, or
how many times you've exceeded various intermediate limits, or some
complicated combination of such factors.
From: Jochen Schmidt
Siegfried Gonzi wrote:

> Software Scavenger wrote:
>

>>The LWW 4.2 heap limit seems to vary, more or less randomly, depending
>>on the pattern of usage.  Has anyone figured it out?
>>

> First where do you get the personal edition 4.2? I only find 4.1.20 (for
> Windows) on their www.xanalys.com.

You can find it on the FTP Server ftp://ftp.xanalys.com

ciao,
Jochen