From: Dave Bakhash
Subject: LispWorks process priorities...
Hi,

I skimmed the LW docs on MP, and didn't see where they define what the
process priority numbers actually mean, and how they're used.

If anyone knows, I'd appreciate it.

thanks,
dave

From: Jochen Schmidt
Subject: Re: LispWorks process priorities...
Dave Bakhash wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I skimmed the LW docs on MP, and didn't see where they define what the
> process priority numbers actually mean, and how they're used.
>
> If anyone knows, I'd appreciate it.

Take a look at the Knowledge Base on the Xanalys Support pages. There is
an entry that describes how the scheduler works in LispWorks.

ciao,
Jochen
From: Dave Bakhash
Hey,

that was very helpful.  What was in the KB was actually about as much
as I'd inferred from doing:

(pprint (mp:list-all-processes))

I was also hoping to find out about how processes were weighted (i.e.
relative time the scheduler spent per process, based on this number).
But what's there is useful enough.

thanks,
dave