From: post.newsfeeds.com
Subject: Please help me this ! ! !

Hi

    I want to implement a easy fun . But I don't know how to do it.

    The question is instead () with different separator . Such as :

    ( )---> |
        ( )---> !
        ( )---> ~
        ( )---> `

        Then ( a ( b c) (d ( e (f ( g)))))  will translate to a | b ! c | d
! e ~ f  ` g  .

Thanks a lot
Lquan

http://www.newsfeed.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
-----== 90,000 Groups! - 17 Servers! - Unlimited Download! =-----

From: Barry Margolin
Subject: Re: Please help me this ! ! !
In article <········@post.newsfeed.com>,
post.newsfeeds.com <·····@jfsys.com> wrote:
>    I want to implement a easy fun . But I don't know how to do it.

This sounds like a homework problem, so I'll just give some ideas rather
than the solution.

>    The question is instead () with different separator . Such as :
>
>    ( )---> |
>        ( )---> !
>        ( )---> ~
>        ( )---> `
>
>        Then ( a ( b c) (d ( e (f ( g)))))  will translate to a | b ! c | d
>! e ~ f  ` g  .

You should write it as a recursive function.  It should recurse over two
arguments: the nested list of lists, and a list of all the delimiter
characters.  When it's processing a list, it should print all the elements
separated by the first element of the delimiter list.

--
Barry Margolin, ······@genuity.net
Genuity, Woburn, MA