From: Marc Spitzer
Subject: JFB strikes again
Our resadent "moral compass" is now bothering me in private email
because he does not like what I say.  If you have any thing else to
say to me please do it here.  If you have a problem with that please
do not converse with me at all.  Now the meat of this is that if I
continue to publicly have an oppinion that disagrees with his and
do so publicly he will attack me as he atacks Erik.  Well take your
best shot.  But every thing you send me will be posted here and indexed
in google for all the world to see how you interact with people, forever.

now lets look at the details, if you want to bother.

> From ·····@mac.com Tue Jan 15 16:21:27 2002
> Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 21:21:34 +0000
> Subject: Re: Jean-Francois Brouillet
> From: Jean-Fran=?ISO-8859-1?B?5w==?=ois Brouillet <·····@mac.com>
> To: Marc Spitzer <····@oscar.eng.cv.net>
>
> Stop imitating. Start thinking on your own.
>
> > if he ever finishes with Erik
>
> That thought fills me with joy, and great excitement, but I don't
> really hold my breath...
>
> > he will attack some one else in this group for the same reason he attacked
> > Erik,
>
> How true!
>
> I will attack any Naggum or Naggum-like wannabe or clone...
> to the exclusion of everyone else!

So other people are on the list, many of us use 4 letter words.

> > because he felt like it.
>
> Because, as I said in the first thread:
>
> "enough is too much"

You felt like it, if "enough is too much" why do you persist in
adding more of what you consider unacceptable behavior to the mix?
could it be because you are willing to do whatever you feel like
doing to win including deliberately discarding your position that
certain behavior is completely unacceptable?  Or do your rules just
apply to the rest of us?

> When will *you* understand that Naggum's current problem [me, as he would
> like everyone else to believe] is himself. By stopping being arrogant,
> drafting content-full contributions, and avoiding turning people down,
> no "Jean-Fran�ois Brouillet", clone or otherwise would become so upset as
> willing to silence him down.

First of all he does what you claim he does not do.

Second of all there has been several post stateing that Erik is more
welcom here then you, the only thing I have seen you contribute here
is bile.  Erik has contributed packages to emacs and done other
stuff for the community, do a little research and you will find them.

Third even some of the people who Erik routinely has hostile interaction
with say he has a right to do it, who are you to say he has no right to
do it?

> Remember what Naggum wrote about how people willing to cheat/whatever were
> the justification for him being rude to them.

Erik does not justify his actions(you made me do this) he has on occasion
stated why he choose to take action.  You on the other hand justify( well
attempt to) your actions all the time, Erik makes you do this, it is not
my fault.  That is not behavior that should be tolerated in small children
or adults, why do you continue to do it?

> > And eventually he will get to you.
>
> You'd have to be a pain in the *** for me to target you. You're not there
> yet, even if, at times, you come close.

And here is the threat, well fuck you you shit for brains fuck wad twit
is what I think the proper responce to that. And look ma he did not say
"ass" what a paragon of morality you are.

> [BTW: if you're mad at me because of this private email, ask your self
>  why you defend the Naggum that I attack, and be prepared to accept the
>  consequences (this email and subsequent ones). If you don't attack me,
>  or don't publicly support Naggum, you won't hear from again! Is it
>  too simple?]

I am not mad at you, I just do not think you should be able to hide
your shitty actions.  You are not worth getting mad at.

marc

From: Siegfried Gonzi
Subject: Re: JFB strikes again
Marc Spitzer wrote:

> But every thing you send me will be posted here and indexed
> in google for all the world to see how you interact with people, forever.

This will enlighten your employer (or if you are your own boss, then at least your
customers); especially he then can see that you post everything in public which
does not fit you.

Very intelligent.

S. Gonzi
From: Coby Beck
"Marc Spitzer" <····@oscar.eng.cv.net> wrote in message
························@oscar.eng.cv.net...

> Our resadent "moral compass" is now bothering me in private email
> because he does not like what I say.  If you have any thing else to
> say to me please do it here.  If you have a problem with that please
> do not converse with me at all.  Now the meat of this is that if I
> continue to publicly have an oppinion that disagrees with his and
> do so publicly he will attack me as he atacks Erik.  Well take your
> best shot.  But every thing you send me will be posted here and indexed
> in google for all the world to see how you interact with people, forever.

I sympathize but this is no more appropriate than what JFB is doing.  And it
will ensure that KMP does not return to the group.  And saying "JFB is forcing
me to take this action" you are just as wrong as he is in saying "Erik is
forcing me to behave like a jack ass" (paraphrased).

Block his email.  If he sends me more (he has mailed me), I will just block him
too.  You protest strongly when someone asks the group to police Erik's actions
yet you now ask us to police JFB?  If you can't live by your own principles you
should not berate others for not doing so.

I will not respond to you on this thread.  I suspect our differences are
irreconcilable.  If you must respond to me and you think there is a point, I
request you do so privately.

--
Coby
(remove #\space "coby . beck @ opentechgroup . com")
From: Marc Spitzer
In article <······················@typhoon.tampabay.rr.com>, Coby Beck wrote:

> "Marc Spitzer" <····@oscar.eng.cv.net> wrote in message
> ························@oscar.eng.cv.net...
>>
>> Our resadent "moral compass" is now bothering me in private email
>> because he does not like what I say.  If you have any thing else to
>> say to me please do it here.  If you have a problem with that please
>> do not converse with me at all.  Now the meat of this is that if I
>> continue to publicly have an oppinion that disagrees with his and
>> do so publicly he will attack me as he atacks Erik.  Well take your
>> best shot.  But every thing you send me will be posted here and indexed
>> in google for all the world to see how you interact with people, forever.
>>

> I sympathize but this is no more appropriate than what JFB is doing.  And it
> will ensure that KMP does not return to the group.  And saying "JFB is forcing
> me to take this action" you are just as wrong as he is in saying "Erik is
> forcing me to behave like a jack ass" (paraphrased).

I would just like to make 1 point: I was not forced to do anything.  I acted
as I deemed appropriate for the situation.  When ever I behave like a jackass
it is wholly my fault.  And jackass is much more polite then stubborn prick,
which I have also been called on occasion and with cause.

good day

marc

From: israel r t
On Thu, 17 Jan 2002 05:00:17 GMT, ····@oscar.eng.cv.net (Marc Spitzer)
wrote:

>Our resadent "moral compass" is now bothering me in private email
>because he does not like what I say.  If you have any thing else to
>say to me please do it here.

Please take you email off this newsgroup.