From: Joel Schmidt
Subject: Comp Sci Books for Sale
[c.p. moderator:
I have given this submission "a benefit of a doubt" as comp.parallel's
past policies.  Only a fraction of the books are relevant to c.p.
Some nodes will reject the 6x cross post; but if you wish to "lodge a
complaint:" email me, and I will consider where to "move the bar"
depending on the number of objections.  The post does not appear overly
commercial [not reason enough].
--enm
]

The following books are for sale as is. All books are in excellent to almost
new condition, unless otherwise noted.

Prices include shipping. Payment by check, money order, or paypal.
If you know you want a book, just email me and say so; I'll reply with payment
instructions. First come, first served.

If you have any questions, I'll be happy to answer them, as time allows.
Amazon.com is a good place to look for more detailed descriptions of what the
books are about.

Contact: ······@yahoo.com

Note: I'll be away from 1/21 to 1/27. Please respond before then, or expect a
reply after.

UNIX, Operating Systems, and Distributed Computing
The Magic Garden Explained - Internals of Unix System V Release 4; Goodheart &
Cox [my name is written on inside of cover] ($65, rare out-of-print)

UNIX Systems for Modern Architectures - Symmetric Multiprocessing and Caching
for Kernel Programmers; Schimmel ($40)

The Design and Implementation of the 4.3BSD UNIX Operating System; Leffler,
McKusick, Karels, Quarterman [my name is written on inside of cover] ($8.50)

Parallel & Distributed Computing Handbook; Zomaya (editor) ($60)

Actors - A Model of Concurrent Computation in Distributed Systems; Agha ($20)

Object-Oriented, UML, Reuse
---------------------------
Objects, Components, and Frameworks with UML - The Catalysis Approach;
D'Souza, Wills ($35)

Object-Oriented Specification Case Studies; Lano and Haughton eds. ($8.50)

Reusable Software - The base object-oriented component libraries - Bertrand
Meyer ($8.50)

Smalltalk Best Practice Patterns; Beck ($40)

Designing Object-Oriented User Interfaces; Collins ($35)

Software Development, Project Management
The Mythical Man-Month - 20th Anniverary Edition; Brooks ($15)

Dynamics of Software Development; McCarthy ($15)

Artificial Intelligence, Lisp, Etc.
-----------------------------
Paradigms of Artificial Intelligence Programming: Case Studies in Common Lisp;
Norvig ($40)

Common Lisp - The Language, 2nd Ed.; Steele ($45)

The Art of the Metaobject Protocol; Kiczales, Rivieres, Bobrow ($30)

Expert Systems - Principles and Programming (1ST ed); Giarratano, Riley ($8.50)

Genetic Programming - An Introduction; Banzhaf, Nordin, Keller, Francone ($40)

Recursive Programming Techniques - Burge ($13.50)

Math & Physics
--------------
The Feynman Lectures on Physics (vols 1-3 set, pb); Feynman, Leighton, Sands
($60)

Nanosystems - Molecular machinery, Manufacturing, and Computation; K. Eric
Drexler ($30)

Div, Grad, Curl and All That - An Informal Text on Vector Calculus (1ST ed);
Schey ($8.50)

Other Topics
Hugo French in Three Months - Simplified Language Course (book, and four
tapes) ($15)

The Business One Irwin Guide to Using the Wall Street Journal - Fourth
edition; Lehman ($8.50)