From: Kenny Tilton
Subject: Dearly Departed....
y'all notice that as of Feb 1, 2002 comp.lang.clos sleeps with the fish?

That's the day Kent checks in to see if we are still OT. I suggest we
play a practical joke and each post the night before a couple dozen
articles with subjects like "Eat my shorts you static-typed
singly-inheriting from a female dog guttersnipe!!!"

kenny
clinisys

From: Marc Spitzer
Subject: Re: Dearly Departed....
In article <················@nyc.rr.com>, Kenny Tilton wrote:
> y'all notice that as of Feb 1, 2002 comp.lang.clos sleeps with the fish?
>
> That's the day Kent checks in to see if we are still OT. I suggest we
> play a practical joke and each post the night before a couple dozen
> articles with subjects like "Eat my shorts you static-typed
> singly-inheriting from a female dog guttersnipe!!!"
>
> kenny
> clinisys

Lets not mess with Kent's head, he may go away again if someone gets
the joke wrong and offends him.  And I really him and his posts here.

marc

ps If I played I would probably be that someone.

marc
From: Kenny Tilton
Oh, sorry, I did not mean that the "you" in "you static-typed..." was to
be Kent. And the body of each message should be "Welcome back, Kent!".

:)

kenny
clinisys

From: Marc Spitzer
In article <·················@nyc.rr.com>, Kenny Tilton wrote:
> Oh, sorry, I did not mean that the "you" in "you static-typed..." was to
> be Kent. And the body of each message should be "Welcome back, Kent!".
>
>:)

I did not think you did, I was just saying lets not mess with kent.
Let him come back, hell encourage him to come back.

marc

From: Thomas F. Burdick
····@oscar.eng.cv.net (Marc Spitzer) writes:

> In article <·················@nyc.rr.com>, Kenny Tilton wrote:
> > Oh, sorry, I did not mean that the "you" in "you static-typed..." was to
> > be Kent. And the body of each message should be "Welcome back, Kent!".
> >
> >:)
> >

> I did not think you did, I was just saying lets not mess with kent.
> Let him come back, hell encourage him to come back.

I agree with Marc here.  It would be a funny idea, but if it
backfired, it would, in retrospect, seem like a phenominally stuid
one.

Incidentally, I'm glad c.l.clos is going away.  It makes about as much
sense as comp.lang.common-lisp-exception-system.  It's not a language...

--
         ,'  .\  / | No to Imperialist war |
From: Kenny Tilton

> Incidentally, I'm glad c.l.clos is going away.

Someone was kind enough to let me know by e-mail I had fallen for a
hoax.

Doh!

kenny
clinisys