From: Bruce Lambert
Subject: ILISP-5.11 init files?
I am trying to use ILISP-5.11 to run some inferior lisp modes for clisp,
cmucl, etc. Using the init file provide din the ILISP distribution
(ilisp.emacs) I get the following error:

File mode specification error: (void-function defkey-lisp)

Any pointers? I'd welcome someone's functioning .emacs file as an example.
Thanks.

-bruce

P.S. I'm running Sloaris 8 on a Sparc clone, and GNU emacs 20.4.1.

From: Marco Antoniotti
Subject: Re: ILISP-5.11 init files?
"Bruce Lambert" <········@uic.edu> writes:

> I am trying to use ILISP-5.11 to run some inferior lisp modes for clisp,
> cmucl, etc. Using the init file provide din the ILISP distribution
> (ilisp.emacs) I get the following error:
>
> File mode specification error: (void-function defkey-lisp)
>
> Any pointers? I'd welcome someone's functioning .emacs file as an example.
> Thanks.

The init file provided with the distribution must be personalized to
make sure that everything gets loaded in the proper way.
In particular the `load-path' variable must be changed so that the
autoload of the ilisp mode can work.

Also note that the value of the the `clisp-hs-program' (or for other
Lisp/Scheme implementations) may have to be changed to reflect your
setup.

Cheers

719 Broadway 12th Floor                 fax  +1 - 212 - 995 4122
                    "Hello New York! We'll do what we can!"
                           Bill Murray in `Ghostbusters'.
From: Marco Antoniotti
Marco Antoniotti <·······@cs.nyu.edu> writes:

> "Bruce Lambert" <········@uic.edu> writes:
>
> > I am trying to use ILISP-5.11 to run some inferior lisp modes for clisp,
> > cmucl, etc. Using the init file provide din the ILISP distribution
> > (ilisp.emacs) I get the following error:
> >
> > File mode specification error: (void-function defkey-lisp)
> >
> > Any pointers? I'd welcome someone's functioning .emacs file as an example.
> > Thanks.
>
> The init file provided with the distribution must be personalized to
> make sure that everything gets loaded in the proper way.
> In particular the `load-path' variable must be changed so that the
> autoload of the ilisp mode can work.

To be more precise.  The `load-path' variable must contain the
directory where the "ilisp.el(c)" file is kept.

Hope this helps