From: Alex Helder
Subject: newbie lisp / gui question
Is there a free cross platform GUI library available for LISP ?

Do bindings to Tk, Qt, wxWindows,or OpenGL exist ?

Is CLIM free, or not, good for industrial strength GUIs ?

Thanks
-Alex

From: Dr. Edmund Weitz
Subject: Re: newbie lisp / gui question
Alex Helder <··········@att.net> writes:

> Is there a free cross platform GUI library available for LISP ?

Not until you write one... :)

> Do bindings to Tk, Qt, wxWindows,or OpenGL exist ?

Yes, no, no, yes - AFAIK.

See

  <http://ww.telent.net/cliki/Graphics Toolkit>

and

  <http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=3BFA2D8D.3565E45B%40dynamic.de>

for more details.

Edi.
From: Thomas F. Burdick
···@agharta.de (Dr. Edmund Weitz) writes:

> Alex Helder <··········@att.net> writes:
>
> > Is there a free cross platform GUI library available for LISP ?
>
> Not until you write one... :)
>
> > Do bindings to Tk, Qt, wxWindows,or OpenGL exist ?
>
> Yes, no, no, yes - AFAIK.
>
> See
>
>   <http://ww.telent.net/cliki/Graphics Toolkit>

That should be <http://ww.telent.net/cliki/Graphics+Toolkit>.  You
can't have spaces in URLs.  Is that some kind of IE-ism?

--
           /|_     .-----------------------.
         ,'  .\  / | No to Imperialist war |
From: Dr. Edmund Weitz
···@conquest.OCF.Berkeley.EDU (Thomas F. Burdick) writes:

> ···@agharta.de (Dr. Edmund Weitz) writes:
>
> >   <http://ww.telent.net/cliki/Graphics Toolkit>
>
> That should be <http://ww.telent.net/cliki/Graphics+Toolkit>.  You
> can't have spaces in URLs.  Is that some kind of IE-ism?

No, it's actually, er, Konqueror-ism - KDE trying hard to behave like
Windows. Sorry, I was in a hurry and just did copy-and-paste without
proof-reading.

Edi.
From: Brian P Templeton
Alex Helder <··········@att.net> writes:

> Is there a free cross platform GUI library available for LISP ?
                                                           ^^^^
                                  It's usually spelled `Lisp' now

McCLIM - a CLIM implementation, currently for CLX (though it appears
that an OpenGL backend is under development).

<URL:http://www.mikemac.com/mikemac/McCLIM/>

If you use common-lisp-controller, I can send you a tarball of some
modified defsystem files for it.

> Do bindings to Tk, Qt, wxWindows,or OpenGL exist ?

Already answered

> Is CLIM free, or not, good for industrial strength GUIs ?

Yes - see above.
> Thanks
> -Alex

hth,
--
BPT <···@tunes.org>	    		/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign
backronym for Linux:			\ / No HTML or RTF in mail