From: Rolf Wester
Subject: CMUCL load-foreign
Hi,

I'm running CMUCL18b under Compad Alpha Tru64. I would like
to call c-functions from CMUCL. The first step I tried was:

alien.c:

void f1()
{
 printf("Hello World!\n");
}

cc -c alien.c

When starting CMUCL and typing:
(load-foreign "alien.o")

CMUCL prints:

* (load-foreign "alien.o")
;;; Running library:load-foreign.csh...

Error in KERNEL::UNDEFINED-SYMBOL-ERROR-HANDLER:  the function
SYSTEM::LOAD- OBJECT-FILE is undefined.

Restarts:
  0: [ABORT] Return to Top-Level.

Debug  (type H for help)

(KERNEL::UNDEFINED-SYMBOL-ERROR-HANDLER "<error finding name>"
                                     #.(SYSTEM:INT-SAP #x50000200)
                                     #<Alien (*
                                     (ALIEN:STRUCT NIL # # #
                                     ...)) at #x11FFF878>
                                     (752))
0]

I would be very appreciative for any help

Regards

Rolf Wester

P.S.: I know that this is CMUCL specific. I sent the above to the CMUCL
mailing list some days ago but haven't got an answer until now.