From: Bill Birch
Subject: Lisp Tools for MSWindows
Hello,

If you're using a free Lisp on Windows, it's nice to have some GUI
tools to help manipulate Lisp lists. This email is about Windows GUI
tools for manipulating Lisp data.

For a recent project I  used Lisp to manipulate trees of catalogue
data. I added a "TreeView" form to my own Lisp implementation which
has the following features:

�	Read/Save a file of Lisp data.
�	Cut an paste Lisp s-expressions to cut and paste buffer
�	Multiple trees
�	Move sub-trees with the mouse
�	Expand/collapse tree levels
�	Insert/delete/update branches
�	Fonts/color control.
�	Sort

Tree syntax looks like the following:

	Tree := ( <node> ... )

	Node := Branch | Leaf | Quoted

	Branch := (<lisp atom> <Node> ... )

	Leaf : = <Lisp atom>

	Quoted := (quote <s-expression>) | '<s-expression>

		Quoted expressions are not displayed as trees.

For example:

((top-level-leaf
	(top-level-branch "string leaf")
	'"quote is special"
	"string-leaf"
	((sexp-branch) 23)))

It's quite entertaining to paste source into the treeview....

Please let me know if anyone would like to try this out. I'll arrange
for it to be downloadable. Free of course.(······@ozemail.com.au)

Recently I have been working with a lot of tabular relational data, so
I _know_ a Lisp grid tool will be useful. A Lisp Spreadsheet looks
possible. I really want to know if the Lisp community think these sort
of tools are desirable.

Regards,
Bill

From: Fernando Rodr�guez
Subject: Re: Lisp Tools for MSWindows
On 24 Feb 2002 19:35:04 -0800, ······@ozemail.com.au (Bill Birch) wrote:

>Please let me know if anyone would like to try this out. I'll arrange
>for it to be downloadable. Free of course.(······@ozemail.com.au)

Even better, write an article for Yadda lambda: Creating Windows widgets with
Lisp. :-)

>Recently I have been working with a lot of tabular relational data, so
>I _know_ a Lisp grid tool will be useful. A Lisp Spreadsheet looks
>possible. I really want to know if the Lisp community think these sort
>of tools are desirable.

If you're planning to write some spreadsheet-like app, you may want to look at
the Kenny's Cells project in Sourceforge.

----
Fernando Rodr�guez
frr at wanadoo dot es
-------
From: Kenny Tilton
"Fernando Rodr�guez" wrote:
> If you're planning to write some spreadsheet-like app, you may want to look at
> the Kenny's Cells project in Sourceforge.

Ooops. SourceForge mysteriously changed the license I specified as well
as other descriptive items, and my mail to tech support went unanswered,
and I got busy beyond busy with our startup and porting Cells to other
environments so I had to pass on getting SourceForge sorted out.

I'd be happy to email a ZIP to anyone wanting to play with the stuff.
Also I still have on my plate getting Cells fully resurrected MOP-free,
so to a degree folks might want to just wait until that is done.

--

 kenny tilton
 clinisys, inc