From: Glen Foy
Subject: ilisp and HyperSpec
What is the best option for HyperSpec lookups in ilisp?  The new version of
HyperSpec no longer works with Naggum's utility.  Is 4.0 still available
for download?

-Glen

From: Marco Antoniotti
Subject: Re: ilisp and HyperSpec
······@bellsouth.net (Glen Foy) writes:

> What is the best option for HyperSpec lookups in ilisp?  The new version of
> HyperSpec no longer works with Naggum's utility.  Is 4.0 still available
> for download?

Hi

I believe this happens also because of a change in the Xanalys web
site.  They replaced KMP's version with a different one (sans Java)
which has a different structure.

I have not looked into it too much.

The ILISP crowd is always eager for help :)

Cheers

719 Broadway 12th Floor                 fax  +1 - 212 - 995 4122
                    "Hello New York! We'll do what we can!"
                           Bill Murray in `Ghostbusters'.
From: Thomas F. Burdick
······@bellsouth.net (Glen Foy) writes:

> What is the best option for HyperSpec lookups in ilisp?  The new version of
> HyperSpec no longer works with Naggum's utility.  Is 4.0 still available
> for download?

The site-wide installation here uses hyperspec-barlow.  They
DOS-ified[*] all the filenames, in the face of which, the packages
that use the symbol table are probably better ideas.

[*] What an odd time to do this ... if anything, I'd expect they'd be
undoing this now.

--
           /|_     .-----------------------.
         ,'  .\  / | No to Imperialist war |
From: Martin Simmons
"Thomas F. Burdick" <···@conquest.OCF.Berkeley.EDU> wrote in message
····················@conquest.OCF.Berkeley.EDU...
> The site-wide installation here uses hyperspec-barlow.  They
> DOS-ified[*] all the filenames, in the face of which, the packages
> that use the symbol table are probably better ideas.
>
> [*] What an odd time to do this ... if anything, I'd expect they'd be
> undoing this now.

FWIW, the short file names were in the version distributed with LW and we
changed the web site/download version to match.
--
Martin Simmons, Xanalys Software Tools
······@xanalys.com
From: Dr. Edmund Weitz
······@bellsouth.net (Glen Foy) writes:

> What is the best option for HyperSpec lookups in ilisp?  The new
> version of HyperSpec no longer works with Naggum's utility.

The current CVS version of ILISP has a fix for this.

If you want to keep your ILISP version you can replace the file
'hyperspec-naggum.el' with this one:
<http://weitz.de/files/hyperspec-naggum.el>. Make sure to set
'common-lisp-hyperspec-symbol-table' to the correct value for your
local installation of the CLHS.

HTH,
Edi.

--

Dr. Edmund Weitz
Hamburg

The Common Lisp Cookbook
<http://agharta.de/cookbook/>
From: Geoff Summerhayes
"Glen Foy" <······@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
······················@host-216-76-176-67.gso.bellsouth.net...
> What is the best option for HyperSpec lookups in ilisp?  The new version of
> HyperSpec no longer works with Naggum's utility.  Is 4.0 still available
> for download?

I just ran this and pasted the results to hyperspec.el

(with-open-file (out-stream path_to_temp_file :direction :output :if-exists
:supersede)
  (with-open-file (in-stream path_to_Map_Sym.txt :direction :input)
    (loop for symbol = (read-line in-stream nil :eof)
          for file = (unless (eq symbol :eof)
                       (read-line in-stream nil :eof))
          until (or (eq symbol :eof) (eq file :eof))
          do (format out-stream "~&~W~%" (list (string-downcase symbol)
                                            (file-namestring file))))))
Geoff