From: Bldahdad
Subject: LISP QUESTION 2
How else can you write a function that takes a list of integers and returns
a list containing only the odd integers of the list.  like (oddsintegers
'(1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10)) and it returns (1 3 5 7 9) ..  One way I found was
(remove-if-not #'oddp '(1 2  4 5 6 7)).  What are other ways?

From: Eric Moss
Subject: Re: LISP QUESTION 2
Kaz Kylheku wrote:

> In article <·····························@68.1.17.6>, Bldahdad wrote:
> >How else can you write a function that takes a list of integers and returns
> >a list containing only the odd integers of the list.  like (oddsintegers
> >'(1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10)) and it returns (1 3 5 7 9) ..  One way I found was
> >(remove-if-not #'oddp '(1 2  4 5 6 7)).  What are other ways?
>
> You got one freebie; now it's time to do your own homework.

No kidding... although #1 was an unfamiliar question, #2 sounds just
like a homework problem due tomorrow in a class I am taking.  If it is
the same class, maybe coming to the help session I was helping TA this
past Tuesday would have been a better idea than asking here. :)

Eric

--
"The obvious mathematical breakthrough would be development of an easy
way to

	Bill Gates, The Road Ahead, Viking Penguin (1995), page 265
From: Johan Kullstam
Bldahdad <····@blasdh.com> writes:

> How else can you write a function that takes a list of integers and returns
> a list containing only the odd integers of the list.  like (oddsintegers
> '(1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10)) and it returns (1 3 5 7 9) ..  One way I found was
> (remove-if-not #'oddp '(1 2  4 5 6 7)).  What are other ways?

MAPCAN should work.

--
J o h a n  K u l l s t a m
[········@mediaone.net]