From: Dave Bakhash
Subject: PROMO: PortusConnect CTI/IVR: $3,000 until 2003
Hi,

The PortusConnect telephony platform can be found at:

 http://portusgroup.com/portusconnect

For those people that had asked me to see some additional materials, we
have developed a single sheet (two pager) on the product:

 http://portusgroup.com/portusconnect/portusconnect.pdf

Though it was a surprise to me, business has not come from the Lisp
community, but from the general business community needing telephony/IVR
solutions.  But since I've been advertising it at $3,000 until 2003, I
figured I'd mention it to the Lispers.

We have no doubt that anyone who takes advantage of this offer will be
very happy with the product.  You can use it to build your own IVR,
including recording/playback , voicemail, the finest text-to-speech
engine, database connectivity, PBX integration, and much more.  The most
recent new feature is automated credit card payment processing
(i.e. accept credit cards via IVR, including transaction processing).
If you sell a product or service, and have considered doing so over the
phone, 24/7, feel free to ask.  Also, we are now providing hosting as
well.

Customers participating before 2003 will also get a full year of free
upgrades included in the package.

For some of the smaller companies that which to lock in this price, but
don't need IVR right away, and don't have $3,000 to spend on it, we are
also offering a price lock for 50% of the cost (that's $1,500 to secure
the license at $3,000).  You will have until 2004 to pay the remaining
half, at which time you will receive the product.  This is not a bad
idea if you're serious about buying the product, since this price is
purely promotional, and 2003 pricing will be based more along the
price of competing systems (and thus cost significantly more).

Dave Bakhash
Portus Group
phone: 888-6-PORTUS (888-676-7887)
fax:   212-560-0748

From: Erik Winkels
Subject: Re: PROMO: PortusConnect CTI/IVR: $3,000 until 2003
Dave Bakhash <····@portusgroup.com> wrote:

> Though it was a surprise to me, business has not come from the Lisp
> community, but from the general business community needing
> telephony/IVR solutions.

Why was this a suprise, were you not aiming at the last market but the
first?
From: Dave Bakhash
Erik Winkels <·······@xs4all.nl> writes:

> > Though it was a surprise to me, business has not come from the Lisp
> > community, but from the general business community needing
> > telephony/IVR solutions.
>
> Why was this a suprise, were you not aiming at the last market but the
> first?

Well, I figured that we'd receive more interest from Lisp-based
companies...but we didn't.  I know that back before we had any IVR
capabilities, we would have loved to get our hands on this kinda stuff
for only $3,000.  This is because we have our own Lisp developers, and
then you save money because you can build telephony capabilities
internall without having to shell out money to a company.

But in any case, it is what it is.  It's $3,000 until 2003.  I figured
I'd let people know.

dave
From: Kenny Tilton
Dave Bakhash wrote:
> Erik Winkels <·······@xs4all.nl> writes:
>

>>>Though it was a surprise to me, business has not come from the Lisp
>>>community, but from the general business community needing
>>>telephony/IVR solutions.
>>
>>Why was this a suprise, were you not aiming at the last market but the
>>first?
>

> Well, I figured that we'd receive more interest from Lisp-based
> companies...but we didn't.

Don't forget me! But CliniSys first has to find our own customers and
then parlay that into a fresh round of capital. In this investment
environment customers/revenue talks, great ideas walk. :) Fair enough.

--

  kenny tilton
  clinisys, inc